Chapter 7: Silence

[It appeared as though humanity would be destroyed by demons. But a single mage saved them all. He was called the wizard king, and he became a legend.]

Asta POV:

It feels good to have my arms back. I think as I lay down on my bed. It's been about a week, but it feels so surreal. I need to find a way to thank my team. They did so much to make sure my arms would be cured. I close my eyes and let my mind wander. I then find myself thinking of Noelle. I can't wait for tomorrow. I have no idea what the Star Festival is, but I'm glad I get to go with her. To be completely honest, Finral was the one who told me to ask her to go with me. The other day he was bugging me about not going on dates with Noelle. I had no idea what he meant. I've never had a girlfriend before, so I'm lost most of the time. But Finral gave me some tips which I'm thankful for. He's always helping me out. 

I wonder what Noelle and I will do tomorrow. Maybe we'll hold hands again? I start to feel butterflies in my stomach. Then I hear a knock on the door. I get up and answer it. To my surprise, it's Noelle.

"Hi Asta," she says in a low shy voice, "can I come in?" 

"Of course! You're always welcome in my room!"

Noelle blushes after hearing my words but walks right in. "Your room is kinda small." She then plops herself down on my bed. 

"Is it? This is my first time having my own room? Back in Hage, I slept on the floor with Yuno and all the other kids. So this is nice in its own way. Sometimes I miss sleeping with everyone, though." I sit down next to Noelle.

"W-WHAT ARE YOU DOING!" Noelle pushes me off the bed, "WHO SAID YOU COULD SIT THERE?" Noelle's face is entirely red, and her eyes are spinning,

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN? IT'S MY BED!" I playfully argue back.

"Hmph, well I guess I'll let it slide this once," she flips her hair and crosses her arms, "get back up here."

I can see she's blushing, but she turns away so that I can't see. I get back on the bed, but the very end so she can't push me off again. We sit in silence on opposite sides of the bed. Suddenly Noelle starts to inch closer to me. She then places her hand on top of mine and rests her head on my shoulder.

"If you say anything, I'm going to hit you," her face red and her voice quiet. 

My heart can't take this. She's too cute. Her hand is soft, and she smells so good. She must've showered before she came here. I look at Noelle, and she has her eyes closed. Her face is completely flushed red. I then rest my head on hers. My heartbeat is fast, but I ignore it. Being this close to Noelle feels really good. I wish we could do this more often. Maybe I should ask? There'd be no harm in that? Right?

"Noelle. Is it okay if we do this more often?"

Noelle suddenly jumps up after my words. With shock all over her face, she responds, "w-w-what? y-y-you what?"

"Being here with you is nice. Let's do this more. Cant we?"

 Noelle sits back down next to me, rests her head back on my shoulder, and whispers something as she stares at the floor.

"What did you say?" I ask.

"I said okay... idiot." She says, barely loud enough for me to hear.

"Huh? Why're you calling me an idiot?" I stand up and look at her. But she looks away and avoids eye contact.

"Y-You're just an idiot." Her voice still quiet, she says, "sit back down with me."

Choosing not to argue, I obediently sit back down next to her. She grabs my hand again and pulls me closer to the wall. 

"I want to sit up against the wall, so come closer." 

It feels like Noelle's personality just completely changed. She's acting very bashful right now, and she's talking so quiet. 

"Are you okay, Noelle?"

At the sound of my voice, she jumps up and looks to another side of the room. Something is definitely wrong. I get closer to Noelle.

"Hey, Noelle, look at me," I say, trying to grab her attention. However, she pays me no mind and still looks in the opposite direction on me. I guess I'll just move. I move to the other side of the bed where she is facing, but she looks away again. So this is what we're doing? I accept the fact that she won't let me look at her and sit up against the wall with her, resting my head on her shoulder. She responds by resting her head on mine. She grabs my hand once more.

"D-Don't let go," she mutters under her breath, "I want to stay like this for a while... don't look at me either." She adds at the last second.

"Okay," I respond, wanting to respect her wishes, "I won't look."

Noelle and I sit there in silence for what seems like hours enjoying each others company until we both eventually fall asleep. 

[Chapter 7 end]

{Author's Notes: I just wanted to say thank you again because I just hit #1 in noelle as well and its out of 700 ish stories! Thanks for reading all the chapters I put out.}