The Barbershop (👨‍⚖️)

You heard the front door open and flew down the stairs, "William?"

The white haired man looked up at you with a bit of surprise at your urgency. You bowed your head at him, "Uh... Beadle informed me that you were heading into town! I was wondering if you'd be so kind to take me as well."

Turpin tilted his head and thought, he had always been hesitant of taking you out of the house, but you could no longer stand having to stare at the same walls that made up the Turpin Estate.

"Please sir... I haven't been out in three months." You pleaded.

Turpin sighed and fixed his neck tie. "We must hurry, the carriage is soon to depart." He grabs your hand and pulls you out the door. He took you to the carriage and stared down Beadle. "We'll have a chat later Bamford." He spat, helping you into the carriage. You smiled brightly at the ironically dark and gloomy world ahead.

The air in the carriage was thick, you looked to Turpin, "What is it we're going in town for?"

Turpin studied your giddy expression and sighed, turning to his window. "I need a shave. The Beadle recommended this man on Fleet Street."

You smiled and rested your head on his shoulder, "How come you never take me out anymore? When I was a child it was a daily occurrence... I miss the world... feeling the sun..."

"It's London darling. There isn't much sun anymore. Besides, you are no longer a child. You are a woman, men will try to pursue you and I won't have it."

You lifted your head from his shoulder, "Why? Would you be jealous?" Your head was right around his ear. Turpin cleared his throat and crossed his legs. You smirked and ran your fingertips up his thigh, "Do I make you nervous William?"

Turpin slowly turned his face to you, "It's not the lady who makes me nervous. It's the monster that's within her." He put his hand on your chin, his thumb rested on your bottom lip and he pulled it down slowly, staring at it.

"I don't know what you're speaking of sir..." You knew exactly what he was talking about. You were an artist, very into anatomy, especially William's anatomy. He must have found your drawings.

"I think you do." His low voice growled and the carriage came to a stop. Beadle came to the side and opened the door, Turpin got out and then offered you his hand. You gladly took it and Beadle lead you both to a barber and meatpie shop. You looked around the windows and saw a man standing in the window.

You shivered a bit, getting a bad vibe, you didn't like this area of London. Judge held the back of your waist and a lady came floating down the stairs, she smiled brightly. "Hello there! I'm sure you're here for a shave mister, just pop upstairs, Mr. Todd is waiting!"

She looks to you and Turpin's hand slowly leaves your waist, you quickly grabbed it before he could leave your side. He looked to you, concern on his face. "Do I stay down here?"

The lady smiled, "Come on in! I can give you some water and a meatpie. On the house." She winked at you and Turpin nodded, "I'll collect you when I am finished."

"Yes sir." You follow the woman and she sits you down at a table, "Would you like some gin?" The lady held up an almost empty bottle, shaking it. You shook your head and looked around the shop, Mrs. Lovetts meat pies. You assumed the lady was this Lovetts.

"Alright. I have some pies fresh from the oven then!" Mrs. Lovetts placed one in front of you and you furrowed your brows, it was moldy and green, you'd never seen mold, having the best food your entire life. "Oh no thank you then.. I'll be alright..." you smiled softly and pushed it away.

Mrs. Lovetts smiled and sat beside you, "So you're the Judge's ward... I've only ever heard of you."

You chuckle softly and shake your head, "He doesn't let me go out often.. still believes me to be a child.. but by god I wish he could see past that! The man is so-" you looked out the window and saw a man running up the stairs, a man that had been spying on you from outside your window.

You got up and quickly walked after him. Mrs. Lovetts grabbed your arm tightly and you broke from her. The boy swung the door open just as you arrived at the top of the stairs. You looked at Turpin and gasped, the barber's blade was pressed against his throat. "William..." you whispered.

The barber looked enraged and slowly took the blade away from Turpin. Turpin quickly got up and wiped his face off, the barber was staring at you in awe. Turpin looked between the two of you and then grabbed your arm, pulling you back to the carriage. "Sir-"

"I don't want to hear a word." Turpin threw you into the carriage and the Beadle quickly started back off to the house. You looked at Turpin, he still had shaving cream all over his face. You turned to him and slowly touched his cheek. "Let me finish the shave with your razor when we get home... you know I'm capable." You whispered.

Turpin looked to your eyes and nodded, "Foul play. Wasn't it. He was going to-"

"Yes sir." You answered quickly, not wanting to hear him say he was about to die. You would be lost without Turpin. Grief would take over you as many men would try to get their crummy hands on you.

Once you arrived home Turpin ordered the Beadle to set out on some officers to have the barber brought to him. While they spoke terms you went to Turpin's bathroom and got his shaving supplies.

You returned back downstairs and Turpin was sitting at his desk. You smiled at him and held up the supplies. When you were going through puberty Turpin had to teach you how to shave your legs. He wasn't very good at shaving but because of your ankles and knees you'd become a master of a straight razor in no time.

Turpin smiled at you and you placed the lather down on his desk, preparing it just as he showed you all those years ago. You draped a bedsheet over his clothing and he leaned back in the chair.

You lathered up his stubble and started to slowly drag the blade across his skin. It was very sharp, making crisp noises as it glided across his skin.

Turpin hummed softly and closed his eyes. "Will that man go on trial...? What proof do you have to send him away?" Your curiosity got the better of you.

"I don't need proof. Him being convicted has a lot to do with my opinion. I guess I could bring you to the stand." You smiled and nodded, "Forever loyal to you, William..." you whispered. "No matter the circumstance."

Turpin smirked and you finished his face. "Look at that... no more beard rashes." You were referring to two weeks ago when drunken passion gripped Turpin's heart and he pulled you into a rough kiss. You had a small rash on your chin for a week.

You tilted his chin up, not really remembering the last time you'd seen him cleanly shaven. You connected the both of your lips softly and Turpin's big hand came up to cup your cheek. "I'm yours William."

"I know."

Two part Hans and Lionel coming later today! Get your popcorn! Lionel's story is spicy! If you have any character requests or want to see more of a certain character tell me and I'll make it happen! Thank you so much!