The Arranged (💐)

This setting was inspired by the Biltmore Estate in Asheville, North Carolina! If you want to look at how I imagine some of the rooms to be just google a picture! Colonel Brandon was requested by Darkhairedmenrule and McKenna085!

Your handmaiden was pulling on your corset strings, tightening them until you couldn't breathe. "McKenna!" You held the base of the corset and straightened up your spine.

"Don't McKenna me (Y/N). You need to look presentable when you meet your suitor!" She tied the corset tight and you sighed softly, looking down. "Right." You muttered, slipping into your heels.

Tonight another one of your suitors was visiting your home to try and win you over. Considering this was the tenth man you'd met you already knew you were going to turn this one down.

The man would stay at your home for a week in your room. This was so the both of you could get acquainted. To make sure there was no foul play, your father had a chastity belt made for you. You hated the feel of it, it wasn't particularly comfortable.

You sat down and your handmaiden fixed your hair while you did your makeup, "Remember darling! Subtle!" She commanded. You rolled your eyes and did it the way you wanted.

McKenna put your hair up and smiled at you, "Look at you... drop dead gorgeous..." she smiled and patted your shoulders. You smiled at her, spinning, to show off your dress. "Breath taking..." she whispered, rubbing your arms to warm them up.

You blushed and pushed a stray strand of hair behind your ear. "When is he arriving McKenna?" You asked, nervous as you could ever be. Though you weren't excited to find a suitor, you were always nervous. This man was a Colonel, not only did he make money, but he had a title and powerful ranking.

"He should be here soon... I'd recommend that you head down to the parlor with your father." McKenna grabbed your hand and you smiled, hugging her, "Thank you..." you whispered.

McKenna smiled and patted your back, nodding. You sighed and walked out of the door, nerves picking at your fingers. You picked up your dress to walk down the concrete stairs.

You heard the galloping from a horse from outside the house. You dashed into the parlor and sat down, looking to your father who was reading the paper. He looked at you and raised a brow. "You're a bit late."

You looked away from him, "Sorry sir. I wasn't-"

"No excuses." He grunted, walking out of the parlor. "Ah! Colonel Brandon! It's great to finally meet you! Please... give your horse to Terrence, he'll take it to the stables." Your father's voice came from the hall and you straightened your back, your hands in your lap.