Open Your Eyes (💵 NSFW)

It had been two years since Sinclair had found out about his wife's affair. It was very hard for the both of you and your relationship. He didn't seem to trust anyone.

You were in the sitting room with your brother and you could feel Sinclair's eyes. You sighed softly and stretched, "Come here Sinclair..." you looked back at where you felt his eyes, he knew he was caught.

"Excuse me Rob..." you grabbed Sinclair's arm softly and lead him to the sun room. He placed his hands on your hips, resting his head on yours. You sigh softly and lay your head on his chest, wrapping your arms lazily around his waist.

"I'm going nowhere my love... I promise you this..." it had taken a long time for Sinclair to tell you about what happened and he never liked talking about it, I mean who would?

"I know. You just know how I am." He whispers back. You hummed and swayed side to side, "I'm yours. You showed me that last night." You teased, hooking your finger around Sinclair's waistband.

Sinclair smiled and kissed your head, he thought that he'd never fall in love again, but then you came along.

~One Year Ago~

You were walking through the crowd of people at your old job, a classy waitress. You sat a cup of tea down on the table. The man's dark brown eyes stare at you as you placed the sugar down. "Is that all for you sir?" You smiled softly and he cleared his throat, nodding, not saying anything.

"It takes two thousand tiny tea leaves to make just one pound of finished tea. No wonder the British government was so angry when the Americans dumped it into the Boston Harbor." Was all he said. You furrowed your brows, "You know I also accept cash for a tip." You smiled softly and the man's eyebrows shot up, "Right! Sorry..."

You giggled and shook your head, "You can give it to me later... don't worry about it now..."

The man nodded and put his wallet back up, "Would you... maybe like to sit?" He points to the chair across from him and you shake your head, tucking your tray under your arm. "I wish I could... but I have to get back to work..." you point to the kitchen.

Sinclair follows your finger and nods, "Right... of course."

You sigh softly, he looked like a sick dog. "Maybe if you come 'round about six I could maybe just sit..." you smile at him and he looks up at you, a bit of hope in his eyes. "Six! I'll uh... be here." He nods certainty. He seemed a bit vapid and dull, hopefully by the end of the night you could cheer him up.

As six o'clock rolled around you finished up your shift and sat at the bar, speaking with the tender. You felt a hand on your back and you turned around. It was Sinclair. You smile brightly and order two shots of vodka. "Starting the night off strong!" You said confidently.

Sinclair chuckles softly, "Bourbon please." He taps the bar with his credit card and you smile at him.

"You left me a pretty generous tip... especially for only getting tea."

Sinclair shrugged and sipped his drink. You threw back your shot. "A beautiful girl gets a good tip." He smiles and you see a book poking out of his jacket pocket.

You pull it out of his pocket and he carefully watches you examine the cover, "An Awfully Big Adventure?" You ask, looking back up at him. The book was worn and tattered, the pages written and circled. There were tiny sticky notes marking pages and pretty much every page was bent at the corner to be dogeared. The back of the book was completely clean, not touched, not read.

"Have you read it?" He asked softly, plucking it from your hand. You shook your head softly and locked eyes with him.

"I haven't finished it yet, but it keeps me busy." He told you, flipping through some of the pages.