Chapter 15

Harper's POV

Somehow Crowley and I had ended up in a bar near Soho. It probably wasn't the best place to be considering I had only recently left hospital but the two of us were both in need of a little pick up.

Crowley was really drinking, bottle after bottle accumulated on our small table as we both drowned our sorrows, but he was now obviously drunk. He wept for Aziraphale so loudly that we got quite a few funny looks. He just kept on saying Aziraphale's name and then muttering sadly and taking another swig.

"Crowley," I started, leaning forward, "Crowley, you said it yourself, Aziraphale is very clever, he knows what he's doing, I'm sure he's alright." I said, bit I was interrupted before I could say more.

"Aziraphale?" Crowley suddenly gasped. I looked at the demon, confused, but then he pointed behind me and I gasped,
"Oh my God."

Standing perfectly fine in the middle of the bar was Aziraphale with a smile on his face. He looked almost the same apart from the fact that he was slightly more transparent than usual.

"What happened, are you really here?" I asked, not sure wether or not I was just imagining him.

"Ah, well that's an interesting question." The angel said, "You see I think that something rather strange has happened. I think I have been-"

"-Discorporated." Crowley gasped dramatically.

"Yes, well, that might be the case." Aziraphale agreed sheepishly.

"Of course it is, you......never mind." Crowley sighed.

"Anyway, this is important." Continued the angel, " Back in my bookshop there's a book, you need to get it."

"Your bookshop burnt down." Crowley stated bluntly.

"That's not how I would've said it." I muttered. Despite everything, Crowley was still as sarcastic as ever.

The angel took the news a lot better than I would've done but then I suppose the two of them have seen all of the places they grow to love crumble, one of the negatives of being immortal.

"Anyway, the book?" Crowley prompted.

"Oh yes. It is the one the young lady on the bike left behind, The Nice And Accurate Prophecies of Agnes Nutter."

"I've got it!" He grabbed the book and proudly presented it Aziraphale.

"Inside it is everything I have found out about the Antichrist, his name, his address, you get the idea."

"Aziraphale, you really are amazing." I laughed.

"Why thank you my dear." He smiled.

"No problem. Right, what's the plan?" I said

"You two need to get to Tadfield Air Base." Aziraphale instructed.

"Why?"

"The world ending. That's where it's all going to happen. I'll be heading there too, after I find a receptive body."

"Well....." I started but Crowley grabbed my arm, interrupting me.

"No, Harper you are not giving Aziraphale your body." He said sternly.

"Don't worry, I won't." I said, taking back that idea. Crowley moved his hand off my arm, slightly embarrassed by his sudden reaction but then he smiled.

"So I'll meet you at Tadfield." The angel clarified.

"Yes."

Aziraphale disappeared leaving the demon and I alone in the bar.