Chapter 30

Harper's POV

Harper's POV

After we had left the park, Crowley and I had gone back to his apartment to get ready for dinner. We were standing in his living room when I suddenly realised I didn't have anything to wear.

"Crowley," I said, "I'll need to go home, I don't have any smart clothes with me." But the demon just walked closer to me with a smirk.

"Oh Harper," he grinned, "Don't go,  haven't you heard of miracles?"

Crowley looked down at me then simply clicked his fingers. He held out his arms and a dress just materialised there. I don't know how we knew, but the dress was exactly my size, and it was a beautiful coral colour with a lace trim around the top section.

"You're a fucking seamstress Crowley." I laughed, as he handed me the dress.

Crowley also smiled and said, "Go on, get changed." And with that I went into his bathroom.

The dress slipped so easily on and it fitted so well; it was long and elegant but also particularly flattering on my chest area. Crowley had done a good job, I loved it.

In the time I had spent getting ready, Crowley had also changed into a black suit, which looked good on him. We met in his living room, both ready to leave.

"Right, well-" I said gesturing towards the door.

"Harper, not yet." Crowley said quickly, like he wasn't finished. "You look beautiful."

Those three words caught me so off guard. I couldn't control the blush that came onto my cheeks.

"Crowley I-" I stammered not knowing what to say.

"You look beautiful. And you are beautiful." He repeated it like he had been planning to say it for so long.

I looked up at him. I wanted to say something. I wanted to tell him how often I thought about him and how I broke down when I thought he had died. I wanted to tell him that I loved everything about him, and that I had told myself that I hadn't but in truth, I had. I loved the way he walked, the way he talked with so much sarcasm. I loved the way that he was so human and that he loved in such a human way.

But I didn't get to tell him any of it, because he lunged forwards and crashed his lips onto mine. He moved so desperately, like he was scared that if he slowed down, I would let him go. He moved like he had imagined it for so many nights. I kissed him back with everything that I could, our lips moving against each other perfectly. I brought my hands up to his face and he placed a hand around my waist and the other in my hair. His hand around my waist pulled me right up against his body and held me there. I stopped for a breath and the demon moved onto my neck, kissing it so delicately but with so much love. I leant back to give him more space to continue; the feeling making me feel warm inside. It was everything I had ever wanted.
Crowley began to kiss my lips again, still not done with the feeling. Every move he made was so full of emotion that I knew he had been wanted to do this for a long time. Every self-doubt that he had had was now gone as he held me close.

I smiled against his lips and he did the same.

"Harper, I think this is it. I think this is what love is. I love you Harper." He whispered to me.

"I think I love you too Crowley." I said smiling; he looked down, grinning.

--------

A/N
To everyone who got the notification about this chapter, I wrote it after basically editing the entire story, about two years after I first published it. I changed a lot about Harper and Crowley's relationship story arc to make it much more of a slow burn, which is why I added this chapter near the end of the book.
You can give it a read if you want, and don't forget to vote if you like it :)