Chapter 7: Odd

It's been quite a while for the runaway princess to take shelter in the Legendary Black Tower. She was amazed when she found out but that satisfaction only lasted for a short time upon realizing that the owner is not like the books say. The only knowledge that she read based on her memory was that his face was burned, he admired her great grandfather, and he's cruel.

Turns out it's none of those things. To think those books were lies made her wonder if there is other false information in the history she's along with many others were told.

For now, she is just living peacefully in the tower and enjoying life overall.

"....So kind of him" She smiles widely, reading a romance book that was hiding in the bag when she received it. It's been so long since she has last read a fictional fairytale, probably years ago. For all she could remember, she only focused on her academics so she rarely had time for reading fictional stories.

"Ha..." She finishes it and closes the book while hugging it. "It would be nice to be saved by a knight in shining armor..." She mumbles and imagines it for a split second. Though the image is barely created in her mind. "Nevermind"

'Only I can save myself' She grins in delight. 'When I get in danger'

***

KNOCK KNOCK

"Hey, Lucas" She comes inside with a gloomy aura surrounding her. "I don't feel so good" She whimpers and puts on a frown for pity.

He stares, squinting his eyes and pressing his lips together in silence. Not showing an ounce of sympathy or emotion. "Take a walk around the tower then" He answered and turned away.

"B-But it hurts so much!" She whines and hugs her stomach. "Can I eat something?"

He sighs and snaps his fingers. A basket appears in her hands and she thanks as usual. Instead of going back to her room, she just digs her hand into the basket in hopes of finding chocolate. It's part of her meal nowadays and it excites her every time. Suddenly her hand touches something warm and the squish confuses her.

"Huh?" she pulls out a soft pouch that jiggles, sounding like water inside. "Is this much water necessary? Wait how do I drink this? Where's the hole?"

"Figure that out yourself and that's not what it's for" He answers, making her unhappy as she pouts and leaves the room.

"Thank you anyway" She finds the chocolate and eats it on her way back.

Later she finished the rest of her meal, a piece of bread and fruits. Of course, she's provided with water which confuses her because the weird pouch has another purpose as told by the warlock.

"Ughhh" she groans and holds it up. "It's warm..." She presses it against her face and listens to the liquid inside swirling around. It's soothing and pleasing to hear until it finally comes to mind. "Ah!" An idea popped inside her brain and quickly moved it down to her stomach. It relieves her pain almost instantly as her body relaxes.

"That's better..." She exhales and continues on with her day, studying magic and reading more books.

***

It's been a few months since then and she's slowly becoming comfortable with the place. A bit too much and it sometimes annoys the owner yet he doesn't do anything except complain and threaten her.

She sits in the laboratory this time in company with the owner that just lay around, taking a nap rather than doing work. This is her opportunity to get mysteries solved that were never answered in books.