Chapter 18: Return

In the night, the princess's whimpers and cries muffled through the fabrics of Athanasia's robe. Her clothes are getting soaked from her hot tears and Jennette is still hugging her tightly. Athanasia comforts her through gentle words and soothing pats on the back. Petting her head softly and scanning her surroundings. Her first time here, it's big and elegant here. Decorated with the best and high-interior construction fit for a princess. Though it wasn't clean enough.

At first glance, it could be assumed that the servants were slacking and only cleaned the visible area instead of the hidden spots. However, when taking the current situation into consideration, Athanasia theorizes that Jennette rarely stayed in her room.

"... Sister," Jennette slowly backed away from Athanasia. A clear wet area is exposed on her robe, her sorrow, and the burden that crush her. Facing Athanasia directly and sucking in the leftover tears. "W-What should I do?" She grabbed onto her and spoke desperately. "Father is in a coma and no one can help him so wha-"

"Jennette" Athanasia cups her cheek and makes eye-contact with her jeweled orbs. "I'll handle it. Worry about it tomorrow and go to sleep..."

"Wait. Shouldn't we announce your return first?" Jennette advises. "Or can you wake father up? He's sleeping in his room. Let's go-"

"Calm down. Let's take a minute to think" Athanasia cuts her off, surprised by Jennette's question, and began to worry. She doesn't want her fear to get worse.

"There's no time. The empire has suffered for too long!" The brunette claimed and grabbed her hands. "Please...."

".... I'm not sure if I can do that" Athanasia replied honestly, putting on a sympathetic expression as Jennette's brows raised. "We'll figure this out tomorrow. So go to sleep now"

She hesitated and gaped quietly. With shaking hands, she grips and wrinkles the delicate travel clothes Athanasia was wearing. Leaning and laying on her laps, it felt nice. "I supposed...."

"... Good" Athasnai rubs his head and puts on a kind grin. "Everything will be fine eventually"

"Sister, where have you been all this time?" Jennette mumbled and closed her eyes. Athanasia stiffened and stopped her strokes briefly before continuing slower. "Have you been well? Did you suffer a lot?"

"... We'll talk more tomorrow" Athanasia pats. "Just go to sleep"

"What about you?" Jennette removes her head from her lap and sits up. Staring at her anxiously, facial muscle twitching and lips quivering. "Aren't you tired? Moreover, how did you get in here without getting caught?"

"I'll tell you that tomorrow so please-"

GRAB

Jennette lunges at her with open arms and embraces her once again, harder and tighter than the last. Snuggling and laying her chin on her shoulder caught Athanasia off guard. The pair were hugging again while sitting on the bed. Athanasia returns it and leans into her comfortably.

This is the first time the two have been this close together.

"... Stay with me for tonight please" She whispers in her ear and relaxes her muscles. "I-"

TWOCK

A simple poke to the brunette's head and feeling dizzy. Jennette instantly faints and laid on Athanasia as she felt the heavyweight fall on her.

Athanasia holds onto the princess's body, laying her to the side and placing the sleeping girl's head against her chest. The blonde glares at the culprit that suddenly trespassed into the room.

"Lucas, that was unnecessary!" She scolds him quietly in a harsh tone while holding Jennette in her arms.

"What's unnecessary was the way she touched you..." His expression darkens grimace with a frown, aura menaced that emits danger and thirst for murder. "Although you two are not like that, it infuriates me for some reason"