Chapter 30: Mad

It's morning. A very peaceful one, a little too serene and less depressing. The hallway is quiet as usual but the air is breathable and relaxing. The Topaz Palace seems a little tranquil and somewhat bright. Why is that?

Lily waits outside the door with her hand on the knob, taking a deep breath to prepare for another sight of a gloomy princess. She opens the door slightly and peeks her head in. This time it was different and her brain immediately shuts off dead. Just one glance and processing the scene, she retracts her head back and closes the door with a straight face. Blanking out and staring at the door in disbelief.

What a return. Lily had no words and walked back outside where the other servants were waiting for her command. The head maid looked different than usual, a little pale but still keeping a deadpan expression.

"So Lily, 1 hour or 2?" One asked, regarding how long they should leave the princess alone to cope with the morning. They tried to cheer up the princess in the morning but nothing worked. Therefore, they just had to leave her alone in the morning and continued the day normally.

"Noon" Lily answered and they staggered in bafflement.

"What? Why?" They were all shocked by her new order. Skipping breakfast and letting the princess brood the whole morning alone doesn't sound like a good idea. "Is it that bad?"

"No..." Lily wheezed and replayed the memory inside her head. "Grass time"

"What?"

"I said it's time for grass"

"Lily-"

"Grass. Now" Lily sternly commands with a grim face and they shudder with chills. Frightened by the serious gaze and they all obeyed, walking to the garden and taking their time appreciating the plant. Silently and having no bravery to ask what Lily had seen in the bedroom.

Whilst that happens, a few hours have passed and Athanasia finally wakes up to the sunlight glaring on her face but not at sunrise. The room is very bright due to the sunlight and she blinks a couple of times to wake up. The first thing she sees when she opens her eyes wide is him. How long has it been since she had a good sleep?

Being embraced and laying against him, returning his hug and snuggling under the blanket but he was warmer. The princess didn't want to waste this precious time before he goes off on another trip. Athanasia remembers those times being alone in the tower when he goes away. She found joy and extreme coziness in it but it was different before. She discovered that she finds more comfort being in his arms and drawn to him before she even noticed. It's those times learning and accompanying each other that brought them closer. Attracted and captivated, ultimately it led to the current present where she is now laying within his arms.

She leaned against him more to close the gap between them and her nose hit the surface of his chest. His scent instantly swoops inside and it soothes her, she was comfortable.

"It's morning, do you want to get up?" Asked a husky voice that interrupts her sleep with a mischievous chuckle.

"No, we have until Lily gets here" She murmurs, refusing to move from the one spot and keeping her eyes shut. Pretending to be sleepy and still sticking onto him, the both of them wanted this moment to last forever. But they knew it couldn't.

"So you want to sleep the whole morning till noon?" His fingers were combing through the bottom part of her hair and the other hand stroking her back.

"If we can," She opens her eyes, lays her chin on his chest as she looks up at him, and makes eye contact. "Unless... you need to go now"

"I'll let it wait until evening. I want to spend some times with you"