Chapter 23: Troubles

It's been quite a while since the reveal. In the beginning, the whole palace was in rejoice and soon the noble society heard of the relationship status of the first princess then finally the whole empire became aware that the two princesses were officially taken. The news flew over quickly and everyone was back to being peaceful again.

Well not really. In the Topaz Palace, the environment is never tranquil and the servants learned a new ability required for the princess now. The ability to foresee the future.... A bit. It's mainly the chills that shiver up their spines and it was their cue to leave the princess alone and runoff.

Athanasia is walking down the hallway normally and a group of servants is following her. Going back to her room after finishing work until suddenly their 6th senses tingle.

"Hey, everyone let's go to the garden. I heard the gardener cut the grass" Ces told the group and Athanasia turned around in bewilderment. The co-workers agree while nodding to themselves and adding comments.

"I needed to touch grass anyway" "Have to make sure the grasses are cut" "I want to see green anyway"

"Alright, let's go," Ces said and they began to leave, going in the opposite direction of where Athanasia was going. The princess was about to follow along until Ces turned to her and put up her hand to stop her. "Not you, Your Highness. I suggest that you go back alone"

Athanasia knew what was going to happen and put on a desperate face, getting pity from the maid that stared at her nervously.

"Ces, please spare me. Have some mercy" Athanasia begged, knowing what is about to happen and pleading with her eyes while pouting.

"I'm sorry but... It's just the way it is!" Ces apologized sincerely, frowning sadly and turning back dramatically, and running away, sprinting actually to catch up with the others that had just disappeared.

Athanasia is left alone in the hallway once again. This isn't the first that has happened and certainly will not be the last. Another presence had entered the area and Athanasia could tell someone was standing behind her.

"Those are some skilled servants" A husky male voice talks from behind as Athanasia turns around with a grumpy face. "Awww, is my princess lonely?"
"Lucas, can't you see what you have done?" Athanasia retorts and crosses her arms. "You basically scared them away!"

"Ehhh, it's more like training and besides they already know about our relationship" Lucas shrugs nonchalantly and Athanasia's vein popped out as she glared at the warlock. Gripping her fists and he gazed back with a poker face.

"Still! Why are you so-mmmm!"

Lucas quickly cuts her off by smashing his lips into hers. Grabbing her wrists when she tried to protest but Athanasia knew she couldn't. Another intimate activity in the middle of the hallway as their tongues intertwined. He released her hands and grasp around her waist to pull her in closer as she did the same with his neck. Kissing passionately and forgetting around their surroundings even though it's empty. The two just embrace each other as the sun shines bright.

A couple of meters away, around the corner of the end of the hallway was the group of servants standing against the wall and whispering amongst themselves.

"I have officially lost count of how many times we've done this" One sounded so wistful as if she was going to sob and give up on life.

"Better than the first few times where we watched our princess get eaten right in front of our eyes" Another responded with a shudder, not so happy and still scarred.

"I wish to carve my eyes out with a spoon. I wouldn't imagine Her Highness to be so intimate with her lover"

"Gosh, can't they wait until they're in a room?! Why do it in the hallway where everyone's innocent eyes will witness?!"