Chapter 32: Delusions

Inside the bedroom of the princess, 3 people are visiting the blonde that is bedridden.

"Wake up! Wake uppppp!" Helena shouts at the blonde lying in bed, sleeping peacefully as her friend vents loudly in the sound-proof room. "Princess, I'll burn your roses if you don't!"

"Yelling won't work. Stop" The young lord said, holding her shoulders and pulling her away from the bed.

"Sleeping beauty can get rest another time but not now! She cannot sleep through a disaster!" She whined and was tempted to slap her but held back the urge to. Even if the princess is asleep, her best friend still cannot assault her.

"No, he's right" The warlock murmured, staring at his princess blankly and holding her hand that is still warm. "Yelling won't work but killing will" His ruby pupils glister with burning rage and his aura gets menacing. They shuddered from the change in the atmosphere and broke into a cold sweat.

"No, we can't. It'll make everything complicated and create more trouble"

"Shut your mouth. It's not your princess that is in a coma." He grunts and glares with contempt. Temperature dropping sharply to the floor and mood getting dangerous. "It will be better to burn this country and leave. All this empire ever give her is pain and suffering"

"Ahhhh, can you wake her?" Helena asked abruptly, in a rush for the wake while chaos is happening on the other side of the walls.

"It'll take some time but it's unknown" Lucas exclaimed with a settled voice. Keeping calm and a straight face when really, inside he was furious. Fuming with anger and madness, there's no time to grieve when the culprit is out there scheming his plan. "The curse is familiar but that doesn't guarantee anything"
"Ok, you stay here and focus on saving your girlfriend while he and I deal with the others" Helena announced and they agreed...kind of. Lucas only shrugs and grumbles to himself while Ezekiel nods silently with no comment.

Alas, the two nobles left the bedroom and the warlock is alone with the princess. He wonders what is going on wherever her mind and soul is as Athanasia sleeps. He watches and wraps her one hand with both, pressing her knuckles against his forehead. He was beginning to regret leaving her alone now.

".... When you wake up, I'll never leave you. So please open your eyes" He whispered and kissed her hand before releasing and letting it down.

~ Athanasia POV ~

Hm? Did I hear a voice? Ugh, is he seriously interrupting my wedding? I should send another smack but luckily nobody can hear my thoughts.

Calm down, Athanasia. No need to get agitated on your own wedding day because this will be my path to a new life. The doors opened to the one and perfect world.

My groom finished his vows and I... didn't shed a tear? Perhaps I'm too happy that I forgot how to cry. He told me about how I was an angel that had fallen into his arms like destiny. If only he knew that it was caused by my friend who is watching us seal our fate together. It really is just like a fairytale.

"..... Standing here now feels like a dream.... That I wish to wake up from-ah, I mean not to wake up from" Did I really mess up my vows? I've rehearsed this many times, how can I mess up on a very important day? Why do I-

Wake up

A wave of small chuckles from the crowd cutely laugh off my mistake as I fluster in embarrassment. Even my fiance is holding back his laugh and trembling while my dad is sending a sneer to everyone to keep them quiet.

Ahhh, this is so overwhelming that I'm getting married and I'm the center of the attention but I'm humiliating myself already. I want this to be a dream so I can wake up. I'm so ashamed of my cheesy vows which I stuttered.