Chapter 39: Complete

The sky is clear and the sun shines. Colors and sugars flutter everywhere in the air as joy spreads. The bells rang loud and the spirits were high. Waves of laughter and cheers can be heard everywhere in the great empire of Obelia. The grand day has arrived and the people congratulated their dear princess on her special day.

Inside the palace, decorations are set up and smiles are on everyone's faces. Everyone is organizing the event for the magnificent ceremony that is soon to occur. It's a rare event and nobody expected it to happen from the beginning. She used to be the forgotten lonely princess that had no power or anyone. But soon everything changed and her life flashed.

The present is different and she's no longer the meek invisible princess. She stopped being weak and kept her head up high. Climbing to the top and overcoming the obstacles, she finally reigns in the empire and successfully gains their love.  She's adored by all.

Everyone waited for this day to come quickly, especially her peers that would witness the intimacy of the couple that display their affection with no shame. Some even joked that there might be a new member in the family and the date should be moved up. Alas, the day arrived.

2 people walk down the banquet hall after entering through the entrance. They were the special guests and close friends of the bride. The pair had their troubles and conflict but soon they became friends and are now on good terms.

They arrived at the main door where their favorite person was waiting on the other side. The lady did not hesitate to open it and burst in with a wide grin.

"Helena!" Athanasia perked up at the sight of her best friend barging into the room.

Helena stopped and stared at the beautiful bride in awe. Although this isn't the first time the lady has seen the princess in a dazzling wedding dress, her heart reacts the same and tears swell in her eyes. Proud of this very day and Athanasia watched her cry tears of joy blankly.

"You're so beautiful!"

"Haha, thank you....." Athanasia giggled in delight as the young lord entered and took out his handkerchief to wipe the tears.

"Congratulations, Your Highness" He grinned and comforted the crying woman that cannot handle the stunning appearance of her best friend.

"Thank you, Ezekiel" Athanasia smiled gracefully and fluttered blissfully. Blooming and glowing as a light shade of red taints her upper cheeks. "... I'm finally getting married"

"Goddamn right you are!" Helena sobs and sucks up her tears, rising her head and staring at Athanasia fiercely.

"Helena, language please"

"I still can't believe my best friend is getting married" Helena exclaimed, wiping her last tear. Athanasia was so happy about her support that she quivers and her eyes get teary.

"Ahhh, don't make me cry now! The ceremony hasn't even started!" Athanasia pouted. "My makeup will be ruined and it took a long time"

"Don't cry! I'll do it for you!" Helena stated and smiled. "I'm so happy for you!"

Soon the two were just talking to each other and trying not to cry while keeping up a conversation. Ezekiel that was also there is nonexistent to their eyes as he stood aside like a 3rd wheel. Standing with the servants that pity the young lord who grins the whole time until the chat ends finally.

"Alright let's go, the bride needs to see other people too"

"Wait! Just 1 more minute!"

"No" He states ominously and Helena huffs with a menacing scowl. He gets in front of her, blocking the lady from the bride as he bows properly to her. "Once again, congratulation, and we'll be going now"