chpt. 3

"You want to challenge me?" I said with a questioning look.

"You look like you know how to put up a fight, but lets see how you do against me." He said in a challeging tone.

"You want to bet?" I asked defiantly.

"The winner decides," He said as he uncrossed his arms.

"It's a deal." I said as I stepped onto my mark and got into my defensive stance. This time I decided to get cocky and stood there with my arms behind my back. Rayne stepped onto his mark and mirrored my stance. We circled each other and before I could see him coming he flipped me onto my back and pinned me down to the floor. He bent down and sniffed my neck gently.

"You smell amazing." He said in a husky voice. What the hell? My body betrayed me as I relaxed but then a snapped out of it and headbutted him.

"Damn!" He rubbed his head, I took this as the oppurtuniy and I ran at him full speed at him, my fist aiming for his face.

"You really thought that hurt?" He said as he grabbed my wrist. I planted a roundhouse kick right on to the side of his head and he stumbled over. Taking this as my chance to pin him down he quickly recovered and grabbed a hold of my arms and I squirmed out if his grasp. I threw a series of punches and kicks at him but he dodged them briskly, not throwing a single punch my way.

"Fight me back!" I said growing increasingly frustrated, pouring more agression into my swings.

"I don't want to hurt you my dear Ashlyn," He said with a pout. The cute expression caught me off guard and I paused for a second. He took this as his chance to take me down. Damn you hormones!!

In the blink of an eye, he pinned me down to the floor with my arms above my head. He hovered over me, beaming proudly at his victory. The referee signaled that he won and he still held me down to the floor.

"Can you get off of me already? You won the bet hooray now get off of me!" I said annoyed. He tricked me and I fell for it!

"But I like you in this position, not in control and underneath me." He whispered breathlessly into my ear. I know this boy did not just go 50 Shades of Grey on me.

Before I could reply he let me go and I sprung to my feet, flustered by his sexual remark.

"So you decide, what do you want?" I said masking my flush with an annoyed tone.

"I want to get to know you." He said all playfulness leaving his tone. Sexy werewolf say what?

"In what way?" I said in a barely audible voice. I wasn't opposed to the idea of getting to know him as more than a friend. Strangely, I felt like we were meant to be more than that...

"Everyway." He closed the distance between us and I felt hot. I never studied him this close. He had to be at least 6'2" because I found myself looking up at him. I'm 5'8" so I was thanking God. I also noticed that his eyes had specks of gold and green that made them more intense, more mesmerizing.

"Why me?" I said genuinely curious. There was an entire surplus of girls who were ready to throw themselves at him but he didn't spare any of them a glance or attention for that matter. I made a fool out of myself earlier and yet he's still interested in me!

"You'll find out, only if you say yes." He said scanning my face. Everyway? I knew for a fact he wanted something more but I wasn't protesting. The attraction between us was undeniable. It's just that if things get serious, what will my father say? Human werewolf pairings had to approved by the council because of the risks, unless they were mates.