chpt. 21

Uploading this chapter early because I hit my next 1000 reads, you guys are freaking awesome! Continue to show love with votes and nice comments!

** I'm currently working on another bwwm/werewolf romance book, I have 8 chapters so far so be on the look out when I publish it soon!

Love you guyssss,
Ash

••••••••••••••••••••••••

I closed my eyes and inhaled the salty smell of the crystal blue ocean before me. Rayne suggested that we have a bonfire to get away from the house for a while. I thought it was random and out of the blue both I realized it was best if we spent sometime on our own. After my revealation, a weary cloud stretched over our heads and made things so...gloomy. An unbearable silence stretched between us but was broken when he pulled me into his arms for the most desperate kiss he's ever given me. It was rough but sweet, mixed with his lust and anger. My eerie mood dissapated and all I could focus on was moving my lips in sync with his.

"He will never, ever have you." He whispered against my lips.

I reached a hand up to touch my lip, they were still tingling from his kiss. After we broke away for air, he just told me to come away with him for some fresh air, the beach was where he came to relax when he was stressed so I obliged, anxious to get rid of the tension. I couldn't help but feel giddy, this felt like an unofficial date with the fire in front of us under the moonlight, like a scene from those totally cliché chickflicks.

"Should I call this a date?" I gestured to our surroundings. He looked up at me with amusement twinkling in his eyes.

"Nah, I'd never bring the girl of my dreams to a romantic moonlit beach, that's so fruity" He dragged on the last part in a girly voice and flipped imaginary hair over his shoulders, making me burst into a fit of giggles.

"Totally," I replied copying his actions, causing us both to burst out laughing.

This beach getaway was undoubtedly needed, the mood was light and serene and after what happened inside, it was just what I needed to relax to get my mind off of the attack. I stared into the flames of the fire then leaned back into the fold out chair with a sigh. I felt significantly better but something still irked me. I thought back to when my mother said that our main problem was security. If I could devise a master plan to aid our weak spot, no one else in our pack would have to die. Hearing about the recent deaths of the pack members and the gory horrors that Jason had inflicted on them, was enough to send shivers down my spine, he was sick. I really wondered what the council discussed in their meetings recently, my father suggested that I take a break from attending the meetings to focus on settling in with Rayne. I tried a few times to pop my head into the conference room but I was immediately shut out. There was something off about how insistent he was being that I stay away. My mother was being distant too...I'd have to get to the bottom of it. Just thinking about it unsettled my stomach for a moment, whatever that was going on couldn't be good.

But as a future Luna and council head, my main duty will be to protect the town and the pack. To negotiate and prolong peace among our kinds and ensure the safekeeping of future generations to come. I felt determined and obligated to do just that. I smiled slightly and sat up. Rayne was currently tuning his guitar and sitting on a chair not too far from me. Did I mention that he plays 5 instruments? Probably not but he does. The more time we spent together the more I learned about him.

He was insanely smart for one, He graduated high school in Oscala at 16 and enrolled in college at 17 but took some time off for training further south. Because he was the future Alpha of the pack, his training started after his first turn and continued until he turned 21. His birthday was 2 months away in June like mine(geminis run this) so when he turns 22, it'll be time for him to step up and receive the Alpha position from his father. He expressed that he wanted Jason to be 'taken care of' first before he took over, he was scared that he wouldn't be able to lead without Jackson's guidance. I assured him that he'd have me and we'd lead together, he wasn't alone.