chpt. 17

Hey readers! I hit 10K overnight, I don't think I can ever stop thanking you guys for your support and votes!
Please let me know if you guys like the new Stay tuned for more and don't forget to VOTE AND FOLLOW MY LOVES❤️

>>>

I woke up to the delicious smell of breakfast. Still groggy from last night, I looked around my room to see Rayne nowhere in sight. This boy stays disappearing on me! Beyond the scent of breakfast, I caught a faint note of his scent downstairs. I don't think I can ever get used to having heightening senses. Crap crap Crap! I panicked wondering how my parents reacted to him being here overnight. It's not like they'd freak out that If I was sexually active with Rayne he's my Mate after all, sex was natural. It's just the awkwardness I wanted to avoid, I'm pretty sure no parent wants to know about their child's sexual history, mine was nonexistent still. I hurried to the bathroom to freshen up then slipped on a baggy t-shirt and shorts.

I cautiously descended down the stairs and made a left turn into the kitchen, where I heard the familiar voice of my Mate...and my mother? I gaped at what I saw next. There was Rayne with a cup of coffee in hand and my mother laughing hysterically at something he said before I came. My mother's laughter died down when I came in.

"Honey you're awake! Rayne just stopped by and get this, he made breakfast! You got yourself a keeper here." She said winking at me. 'Just stopped by' huh? I looked over at Rayne who had a smug look on his face.

"Oh really? It smells delicious." I said, playing along. I was starving so I went over to the kitchen island to see what was being served.

"No need. I already made a plate for you babe." he said with a smug grin.

I wanted to smack the grin off his face and expose him for lying to my mom! I took a seat at the head of the table and ate in silence. Rayne and my mother kept talking while I stuffed my face with the delicious food. He made scrambled eggs, bacon, and pancakes to near perfection.

"Actually Clara, Ashlyn and I have something we want to talk to you about Marcus about."

I damn near choked on my food. I didn't specify when I was going to tell them but he could've given me a heads up! My mother looked expectantly in between us. I swallowed the rest of the food then cleared my throat.

"As you know Rayne and I are mates. I wanted to let you and Dad know that I've decided to move in with him. It's tradition... and I really want to move in with him.."

My mother nodded in thought. "You're growing up honey. I knew this day would come but if that's what you want to do, then go ahead. The Alphas will take care of you, i'm sure of it. " She said after a moment of silence with glassy eyes.

My mother has always been an emotional person but it pained me to see the tinge of loss in her expression despite her approval. Rayne reached over and placed his hand over hers.

"You know that I'd lay down my life to protect your daughter Clara. She's in safe hands and will only be a 20 minute drive away." he said trying to assure her of my safety. She looked between us and smiled. "I've never doubted that."

We all sat down at the kitchen table, going over how we were going to go about moving my massive clothing collection and furniture into his side of the home. My mother said that she would contact a moving company to retrieve my things but Rayne insisted that he would get some of his pack members to help do it so we wouldn't have to spend any money. I heard the front door open then lock. My father strolled into the kitchen stopping briefly to decipher the what was going on. He made eye contact with me briefly, then locked his gaze on Rayne. Lord please help me. I don't want my dad's dislike for him to blow out of proportion, I wanted them to be cordial at least. My dad did something completely out of the ordinary.

"Rayne." he said and nodded his head towards him. Did he really just greet him first?

"Good morning Mr.Black" Rayne said as he mirrored his action.

My mother got up from the kitchen and made her way to my father then gave him a brief kiss. "Marcus, have a seat." He followed my mother to the table and took a seat in between my mother and I.

He had a dreadful expression on his face and I felt like he knew what we were about to say, without verbalizing it out loud.

"Well, What's going on here?" he said looking between all of us. Before I could speak my mother chimed in.

"Ashlyn has decided to move in with Rayne. It's normal for mates to live with each other. Not to mention, she is grown and old enough to make this decision for herself. You know it yourself, the pack will keep her in good hands. Our little girl will be safe." My fathers expression looked as if he was thinking hard about what my mother just said.

"Dad I really think it's time, I want to move in with him and don't think I'm doing this to get away from you guys. I'll always love you and call whenever I get the chance." I added in. This was my choice, I didn't want my mother to do all the talking.

After a moment he spoke up. "Where will you be living?" I blinked in surprise, I was expecting to get reprimanded but instead he was being cooperative and understanding.

"Just a 20 minute drive away. Also you work closely with Alpha Jackson so you'll be around a lot." I replied.

It was true, I had no intention of cutting my parents off, I couldn't I loved them way too much. He looked at me with a hint of loss in his eyes, like my mother had looked like earlier. I felt my chest tighten at the sight. I was going to miss them but they'd always be around. I also realized that I had a life with Rayne to build. I was going to be a Luna, I have to live around my pack members and adjust to their way of life. The prospect excited me because Rayne would be by my side the whole time.

"Alright. You're grown and I know once you put your mind to something, no one can change it. Just like me." My father said and turned towards Rayne.

"You better take care of our little girl." Rayne nodded. "Of course I will, I made a vow." My father outstretched his hand to shake Rayne's firmly.

I sunk into my chair with my eyes closed and let out a loud exhale of breath.

"Thank you Lord Jesus." I mumbled.

I was relieved beyond compare. My father handled this better than I expected. Knowing that I had my parents' approval eased my uncertainty. If they would've refused, things could've gone really bad. Seeing the 3 people I care about in front of me on the same page warmed my heart. I opened my eyes to see them all staring at me with amused expressions.

"What I can't thank the lord that you all aren't fighting over this?"

They all started laughing at me, and I sunk further into my chair. A teleportation device would've been appreaciated at this moment.