chpt. 14

Hey loves, now that I've returned from my hiatus I had the chance to look through my earlier chapters just to see how far Ashlyn and Rayne's  relationship has come. What I am pleasantly surprised by is the overwhelming amount of negative feedback from readers who are saying that Ashlyn is being overdramatic, extra etc. look, I'm all for someone honest opinion on what I don't stand or is it prematurely made comment without a full understanding. Of course Ashlyn was going to react all EXTRA like that when she found out. Her feelings are all over the place, and especially worsened by the mating pull. Maybe that fact was overlooked but it olays a large factor into why she was acting this way. She's a young girl, in a situation that she is still coming to terms with! I thought about editing this chapter but I decided not to give in. This is my story that I wanted to share with you all. If you are turned off by this chapter, I suggest that you keep reading and she how far that their relationship has come. If you still aren't convinced, maybe my book isn't for you and I apologize if it has displeased you so much to the point where you had leave negative feedback.

For my readers that have been supporting me since chapter one, you guys are awesome and the reason why I'll continue to write more stories!

-Ash

What should I do? I asked myself that question everyday for the past 9 days. Yes I haven't seen Rayne for a week and a half. I was locked up in my bedroom at my parents house, suffering the consequences of being away from my Mate for so long. Flashes of his perfect features invaded my mind, preventing me from any chance of rest. My parents tried everything to get me to leave my bedroom but I barricaded myself inside. Ella was the only one I spoke to. She understood how it felt to know that your mate has had another, and the feeling that you weren't good enough for him. He left me a voicemail a few days earlier. I couldn't open it, the sound of his rich baritone would've sent me right back to arms before I thought things through. I didn't have time to think about what I wanted to do because he was the only thing I could think about. Staying away from him only made me realize that I couldn't be apart from him and I needed him.

Coming to this realization made me discover a lot of things. My feelings for him were strong, very strong. They grew stronger with each passing moment. While driving away from his home, I considered making a U turn and coming back to him. The way his eyes shined while holding back his tears when I told him I needed space, filled me with unshakeable regret and it made more tears stream down my face. I still couldn't believe he really asked if I was going to reject him.

I knew what would happen to him and I couldn't do such a thing, especially since I wanted to be with him. I couldn't hold his past mistakes against him and he meant it when he apologized. His intentions weren't to hurt me. The deep pain and regret that I felt while gazing into his eyes was raw, unlike any emotion he usually displays. The Rayne that confessed to me was troubled and in need of his Mate, to support, comfort, and be a source of motivation for him when he's lost all hope.

I just hope he'd understand how low I felt when he confessed what he did. She was mated already and most of all, to the enemy. Not only did she try to take him away from me, she would've corrupted him. Knowing Rayne, I know he'd wouldn't leave his pack for someone who wasn't his mate but it still hurt thinking, what if? I would've never met him and he could've been happier with someone of his own kind.

After thinking long and hard, I realized something. I realized when we first met that he told me we were chosen to be mates because we were worthy of each other. Not only that, we were to one day create our own bloodline of hybrids in the future. I couldn't let what happened in his past ruin our future together as mates. I refused to.