chpt. 8

Today is the day. Ella, Luna Aria and I went shopping for the perfect dress for the ceremony. Lord to say that i'm nervous is an understatement I was ready to pack my bags and take a train to Texas. Our parents forbade any contact prior to the ceremony so I haven't heard from Rayne. Ella went as far to taking my phone and shoving it down her pants. She knew damn well my hands weren't going down there.

I tried on prom dresses to dresses that looked like straight up lingerie. I needed a dress that hugged my figure and was an appropriate length, being 5'8" meant that the highwater struggle was real. Discouraged I wouldn't find the perfect dress, i decided to browse the store. I spotted a royal blue one shoulder body con dress on a rack in the back of the store. My mouth dropped open I just knew this was the dress.

"El! Luna! I found my dress!" I shouted excitedly. They both ran over and both of their mouths dropped open in awe.

"It's freakin gorgeous! Go try it on!" Ella said matching my tone. I changed into the dress quickly and stepped out to look into the mirror. I couldn't believe how well it fit. It hugged every curve of my body perfectly and judging by Ella and Luna Aria's faces I knew they agreed too.

"My son won't be able to take his eyes off of you honey, you look beautiful" she said with an approving smile.

"You should've seen him at the party he looked at her like she was a piece of meat," Ella said nudging my side, wiggling her eyebrows suggestively.

"Ella! Thank you Luna," My cheeks heated up and I shook my head. Luna Aria chuckled lightly.

As I spent more time with Luna Aria, I realized that she is kind, laidback, and had a pleasant sense of humor but when it came to the pack, she oozed authority and regality. She carried herself with such elegance that I hoped she could show me the ropes when it was time for me to take her place. She even insisted on me calling her Aria instead of the formal Luna Aria because she already considered me as part of the family. Knowing that, I felt even more accepted and it took the edge off the fact that Rayne and I were going to be performing the ceremony this afternoon. I really wanted the rest of the pack to like me.

We went to the Alphas' house to prepare. Ella did my hair while Aria helped me get dressed. It felt like I was getting ready for my wedding ceremony. For makeup, I wore simple eyeliner, outer lashes, and clear lipbalm. I didn't want to overdo my makeup because for the occasion, I wanted a natural look. I looked in a full body mirror and decided to pair the dress with ankle strap heels in black and my hair was silky straight parted down the middle. While straightened, my hair was bra stap length.

"As always, you look hot girl" Ella said winking at me.

"Do you think he'll like it?" I said nervously, I wanted to look perfect for him.

"What do you think?" Ella said with a really bitch? look on her face. I rolled my eyes and then smiled.

"You look gorgeous honey, its time to go!" Aria said excitedly. When she looked at me I could tell how proud she was of Rayne and I. I couldn't help but feel proud that soon I'd be one of them. Suddenly I didn't feel so nervous and I wanted to get out and see my man already.

•••

Rayne

I spent the past hour locked in my room with my father and my little brother preparimg for the ceremony. I wanted to see Ashlyn already, I was running out of patience. I wanted to feel her close to me, her lips on mine, and revel in the warmth she provided me. She was truly perfect. After today, everyone would know who their future Luna is and will regard her with the upmost respect. I caught her scent upstairs in my guest room and I held myself back from busting into the room to see her.