chpt. 25

After my fifth lap in the pool, I decided to take a break. I swam to the edge of the pool and hauled myself up, sitting on the edge with my feet still submerged in the warm water. The hotel had an indoor pool that I discovered in its directory. I was currently sporting a white bikini, with a fringed bandeau top and plain bottoms to match.
The top made my cleavage look fantastic, I couldn't help but feel like a Sports Illustrated model. The downside to all of this? Let me tell ya, because of all the squats I've been doing lately, my bottoms were snug to the point where it gave me massive wedgies every 5 mins. This one was unbearable so I stood up, looked around the pool area, grateful that I was the only one inside. Ah yes...sweet release...

"May I ask why you're swimming all by yourself?" A tenor voice called out from behind me. I quickly played off what I was doing by adjusting the drawstrings on my bikini. I straightened up and felt my cheeks heat up by 100 degrees, turning around to face the guy.

The middle aged lifeguard that had opened up the pool for me was gone and this new guy, wasn't wearing the uniform, he must be a guest then. Psh, too early for a swim, says the one who's wearing a speedo!

"May I ask why you're so concerned?" I said politely with a shaky smile.

Inside, I was burning up from embarassment, the knowing look on his face signified that he saw me picking out my wedgie! I was also standing there in a revealing bathing suit and I felt like he was checking me out. I felt the need to cover up but I didn't want my anxiety to show. On top of that, I feel so bad for saying this, but he was really attractive. Obviously not more attractive than Rayne, but he was pretty darn cute. He had dirty blonde hair and azure eyes that burned with such great intensity, making it impossible to look away. Sporting a square jaw and pubescent stubble on his chin, he wasn't that tall and he came around my height, lean in muscle. He gave off a teenage boyish vibe so I felt less scruntinized underneath his gaze.

"Can't help but be concerned when I see an pretty lady all by herself in a pool, without me around." He said smoothly with a pearly white smile. Ha, I felt this coming! I crossed my arms and shook my head.

"Why does it matter if you're here or not?" I slanted my head to the side, daring him to make another move.

Instead of replying, he started to remove the hoodie that he was wearing, revealing a tank top with 'Lifeguard' inscribed on it. I felt like an idiot and chastised myself for letting my confidence go to my head. He was kind of flirting with me, he called me attractive! He could've been being polite...

"I'm so sorry, I thought you were flirting with me..." I trailed off, guilt weighing on my conscious.

"I was flirting with you. But, judging by the look on your face, you'd rather I not. I thought my charms would work on you but, apparently not." He snapped his fingers in a darn it gesture, earning a chuckle from me. I covered it up by coughing.

"You could say that..." I said, feeling uncomfortable.

"Is it my hair?" He pointed to the crew cut that he was currently sporting on his head. "I had a fohawk before this but I got tired of it-you could care less, don't you?" He said with a genuine smile and a shake of his head. A giggle escaped my throat before I could stop it, I guess my face said it all.

"I apologize, I talk a lot when I'm nervous. You're an attractive woman." He said, rubbing the back of his neck. Rayne did the same thing when he was nervous-Rayne! I had to end this before he embarassed himself any further.

"Thank you, I really appreciate the compliment. But, I'm seeing someone." A look of understanding and embarassment danced across his features.

"Sorry, I just assumed that you were single..." He said after a moment of silence between us. 'Assumed' that I was single, what's that supposed to mean!? Does that mean I look lonely and miserable or strong and independent?