chpt. 16

Rayne and I were currently en route to my house. He was behind the wheel this time and I was thankful, I didn't feel like driving after what happened tonight. It was 10 p.m. and I was drained. I made myself comfortable and dozed off a couple times in the passengers seat of my car. There was still shattered glass on the floor and it brought back the vivid memories of my attack earlier. I took a deep breath, trying to calm my pounding heart.

"You're safe. No one's going to try to hurt you again, I won't allow it." Rayne said while slipping his hand into mine over the car console.

A small smile stretched across my lips as I felt him sending me comfort through the contact. I visibly relaxed then closed my eyes, trying to shake the attackers haunting eyes out of my mind. Instead, I thought about the big plan for tomorrow. I would be moving into Rayne's house after I told my parents I was leaving. They were well aware about the aftermath of finding your Mate so it shouldn't be much of a shock to them. I'd miss them but I know that we'd be seeing each other often because of how closely they work with the Alphas. Mates usually move in together right away after they find each other. The thought of waking up next to Rayne every morning excited me and made me want to speed up the process.

We pulled up outside of my house as the car came to a stop. I sighed, leaning my head back on the cushion trying to rest a bit. All that energy and adrenaline I exerted fighting off the intruder was taking a negative toll on me. I felt a warm hand on my thigh and I turned to meet his gaze.

"You saved my life tonight." He looked at me as if it was nothing new.

"I'm your Mate, I vowed to protect you no matter what." I nodded and remembered back to his vow he made before our parents.

"Thanks for the ride home."

And with that, I opened the car door and stepped out into the cool night air. I made it up the porch steps to my front door and I heard my car door slam. I turned to see Rayne following behind me. I raised my brow in confusion as he stood before me.

"You're funny if you thought I was going to leave you alone tonight." he snorted. I gaped at him, my parents were home!

"My parents are-" He spoke over me once again.

"Sleeping. Open the door so we can get you cleaned up." He said in a tone of finality.

I was about to protest but I realized, I wanted him here with me. I feel safest in his arms and after being attacked, I don't want to constantly look over my shoulder. He'll protect you no matter what. He proved that tonight. My subconscious was right. The bloodthirsty look in his eyes while completely decimating the enemy wolves said it all. I sighed in defeat then proceeded to quietly unlock the front door. The door opened with a silent creak as we stepped in. I slowly shut the door and leaned against it. I saw Rayne examining his surroundings as he's only been in my room, never getting a chance to see the rest of my home.

"Nice house. I hope you don't get too homesick while you're living with me." he said with a grin. I playfully glared at him.

"Keep pushing it and I just might change my mind." He zipped his lips shut. I laughed quietly at the gesture, still fully aware that my parents are on this level of the house.

He quietly followed me as I made my way up the staircase to my bedroom. I locked the door behind us and gestured for him to take a seat on my bed. He kicked off his shoes and placed them in a corner neatly before doing so. I grabbed my bath towel and proceeded to the bathroom before he spoke up.

"Do you want me to wash you? You look pretty drained..I wouldn't mind..." he said flashing me a sexy grin.

I rolled my eyes, trying to hide how flustered that sentence made me.
"I'm sure you wouldn't, I can wash myself. Thanks for the suggestion." I said sarcastically and closed the bathroom door not waiting for his reply. I leaned against the rough surface of the door. I missed silly moments like these between us. It truly felt great to be around him again.

I scrubbed my skin throughly with a loofah, making sure to get rid of every last droplet of dried blood off of me. I stared in disgust as the water pooling into my shower drain was tinted pink by the blood. I turned off the water and dried my body. I looked around for my change of clothes but I realized that I hadn't brought any with me into the bathroom. I felt really nervous all of a sudden. My lustful urges haven't stopped even when we were apart, seeing him tonight caused my hormones to rage. I wanted to mate with him but definitely not tonight in my parents house...while they were sleeping. I wanted it to be more romantic and not solely influenced on how horny we both were.

I cracked the door open a bit, peeking at my bed where he was laying. He looked sound asleep so I tiptoed out quickly to my dresser. I looked at his sleeping figure. He was shirtless and in his boxers, looking very comfortable with his sculpted upper body on display. And delicious I thought. mischievously. While getting dressed, I felt the urge to turn around so I whipped my head around to see Rayne oogling unashamedly at me. I gasped and threw the nearest object at him, aiming for his head.

"You tricked me you creep!" I whisper shouted. He easily caught it and set it aside on my nightstand, raising his hands up in defense.

"I swear I only saw your butt...which is looking extra plump today..." He said while licking his lower lip.

I gaped at him and covered my face in embarassment. He really just said that! I was more flattered than embarassed but I always acted weird when I was given a compliment. I wasn't used to them because of my inexperience with guys. Rayne was the only guy to ever call me beautiful(besides my father and he don't count.) and to truly mean it. My personality shined with him because I didn't need to hold back, I was carefree and not afraid to be myself.

I finished getting dressed at record speed and launched myself at him with a glare. He easily caught me in his arms then pinned me down flat against my bed. I beat at his chiseled chest and he used his free hand to pin my arms above my head. He nuzzled his nose into my neck, taking a deep breath of my scent. I did the same, allowing the vanilla woodsy scent to invade my nostrils. He looked into my eyes then to my lips. He leaned in and kissed me deeply, leaving a tingling sensation behind on my lips when he pulled away. I suddenly felt a wave of joy wash over me. It was Rayne's. I could see how his eyes reflected the emotion. They held a certain sparkle to them that made it impossible to look away.

"I really missed you, while you were away I realized that I couldn't be without you. I couldn't accept you being gone. I want you by my side always and I yours." he said in a whisper, running his thumb over my full bottom lip.

I reached up and ran my hand through his soft locks.

"I want that too. I'm here now and always, remember?"

He nodded and smiled. "Now and always." He adjusted our positions so now I was wrapped in his arms in a spooning position. I immediately relaxed and allowed myself to drift off to a peaceful sleep.

"Now and always." I love the sound of that.

------------

A/N
Hey readers, Hope you enjoyed! The song is best played when she gets out the shower and from then on.
p.s. You guys are freaking awesome i'm at 8k, I can't thank you guys enough ❤️ Once I hit 200 votes I'll upload a double chapter I have dying to be read, so keep voting loves!

Ash