A Break in the Clouds (Pt. 3)

○•

 Deku was going to be the death of him.

 “Idiot, I said beat the eggs, not beat the eggs!” Katsuki admonished, plucking the bowl and chopsticks from the nerd’s hands before he could do any more damage.

 “Wah, I didn’t mean to! I didn’t expect it to crack so easily!” Deku whined pointlessly, reaching for the bowl with his gross, sticky, yolk-soaked hands. There were specks of egg shells speckled across his palms, proof of the hell he’d put those eggs through. Humpty Dumpty would’ve thrown up at the sight. “Let me try again!”

 “They’re fuckin’ eggs you imbecile! Of course they’re fragile!” He jerked the bowl away, keeping it just out of reach of Deku’s grabby hands.

 He got a pout in return. “I want to help!”

 “You sound like a toddler, you know that, shit nerd?”

 “You’re opening your home to me! The least I could do is help make dinner. Besides, I want to spend time with Kacchan.”

 Katsuki narrowed his eyes at Deku, a gruff ‘how the hell do you just say shit like that’ at the tip of his tongue as he went to grab the bag of rice sitting on the countertop.

 “Such a pain in the ass, Deku," he sighed. "Wash your hands and clean the rice. Can you handle that?”

 “Yes!”

 Deku took the bag from him and began measuring out cups of rice to pour in the strainer. His tongue poked out from between his lips, eyes locked on the task at hand as he concentrated on not succumbing to his natural clumsiness. His freckles bunched together where his nose was scrunched up.

  Cute.

 Katsuki’s lazy scowl deepened and his nostrils flared when the unwelcome thought popped into his head, his face burning as he spun back towards the egg bowl. He painstakingly plucked out all the pieces of shell and then whisked the eggs together more ferociously than usual, flinging strings of egg whites all over the counter. This whole ‘crush’ thing was going to take some getting used to.

 “Kacchan, I’m finished!” Deku called. Mixing spices in with the eggs, Katsuki glanced over to survey Deku’s work. He snorted; the nerd was an absolute mess. The rice was clean and ready to be cooked, but Deku’s entire front side was soaked.