Eclipse (Pt. 2)

○•

 The school building had come into view before Izuku worked up the nerve to ask about what he'd been itching to the moment they left Kacchan's home.

 He'd tried several times, starting sentences only to abandon them halfway through, the only conversation between them made up of dozens of aborted missions on Izuku's end.

 He wrung his hands together, avoiding eye contact when he managed to push the words from his mouth. "K-Kacchan, can I… can I hold your hand?"

 "Hah? You're my boyfriend, stop asking stupid quest—"

 "—in front of people…?"

 Kacchan stopped walking. They were close enough to the school that the crowds were beginning to get more dense, people milling on by from all directions towards the school just ahead. He seemed to deliberate shortly, his eyes glazing over as he receded into his thoughts, but he returned with his answer quickly.

 He scoffed, starting up their walk again, and this time, slipping his hand into Izuku's.

 "I'm not afraid to show off what's mine."

 Izuku bit the inside of his cheek to keep from smiling too widely.

-

 Everybody was whispering. Izuku supposed he really shouldn’t be surprised by that, considering he was currently walking down the hallway of their school with his hand encased in the one and only Katsuki Bakugou’s, but it was still unnerving to have so many eyes on him.

 No one had gathered the nerve to approach them yet, despite having been walking around like this the entire school day, and somehow that made the attention even worse. He wished someone would hurry up and confront them already so they could get all this awkwardness out of the way. Without realizing, his interlocked fingers flexed, squeezing Kacchan’s tighter.

  Of course people are going to be shocked, he thought. Kacchan dating a useless Deku like me? Someone like Kacchan, who has so many options — it’s probably hard for people to imagine he would willingly choose this. Maybe they’re thinking Kacchan was bribed, or being forced somehow.

 “Shut up.” Kacchan demanded, giving a sharp nuggie to the top of Izuku’s head with his free hand.