A Constellation of You (Pt.3)

Over an hour and a half passed before they were ready to leave. They’d long since cleared their plates and drained their glasses, but they’d stuck around anyway, just trading jokes and casual conversation. They only realized how much time had passed when Deku had noticed the waitress giving them exasperated looks and checked.

 “Wow, I completely lost track of the time,” Deku commented, pulling out his wallet to pay for the bill that had been dropped on their table who knows how long ago. Katsuki made swatting motions in the air to get him to stop and pulled out his own wallet instead.

 “Oh, wait, Kacchan, you don’t have to-”

 “Shut up, asshole. I do what I want.” He said as he pulled out a few thousand yen.

 “I know, but you paid last time at the mall, and you’ve already sacrificed so much of your time for me. It’s the least I can do!”

 “The least you can do is shut your damn pie-hole, nerd. I’m paying.”

 “But-”

 “You calling me broke, Deku?”

  “No, I just-”

  “Deku, stop being so goddamn difficult and just let me pay for you!” Katsuki growled and slapped the bills down on the table.

 Deku jutted his lower lip out in a legitimate pout and crossed his arms over his chest, glaring down at the bill petulantly. Katsuki groaned.

 “Ugh, fine. You can pay the tip.”

 Deku lit right back up at that, demeanor doing a 180 as he whipped out his wallet and planted a handful of hundred-yen coins on the table.

 “Happy?” Katsuki asked, standing to leave.

 “Satisfied,” Deku replied, smiling as he, too, stood from his seat.

 The waitress shot them a dirty look as they left, but Deku didn’t notice, too busy rambling on about a recent addition to his nerd-book, and Katsuki just glared heatedly at her over the nerd’s head.

 “So, um, I guess I’ll see you tomorrow, Kacchan?”

 Katsuki turned back to Deku, eyebrows furrowing in confusion. “Why’re you saying that now?”

 Deku blinked. “Um, because we’re parting ways…?”

 “No we’re not. I’m walking you home, idiot.”

 “A-Again?” Deku asked, surprised.

 “Yes! I didn’t let you go home alone last time because you’re an idiot with no self-preservation skills, what makes you think this time is gonna be any different?”

 “O-Okay,” Deku agreed. Katsuki clicked his tongue, and they were on their way.

 Not long into their walk, Deku started shivering. He tried to cover it up, holding his arms tight to his chest as if that would make the shaking stop, but Katsuki, of course, took notice anyway.

 With a sigh too soft to really sound all that irritated, he shrugged off his leather jacket and plunked it down onto Deku’s shoulders, who jolted in surprise. Deku twisted his head to look at what Katsuki had put on his shoulders, staring stupidly at the black material. Then, he turned those stupid, big eyes on Katsuki.