Galaxy of Guilt (Pt.2)

After pulling on some clothes haphazardly and throwing on some of the necessary makeup, Izuku clambered down his apartment building, his red shoes making a considerable amount of noise as they clanged against the metal stairs. He went as fast as he could, but still, by the time the teen stepped onto the pavement, Kacchan was already there, waiting with his arms crossed.

 “About time, dipshit.” The blonde greeted.

 “Kacchan, I’m not late, you’re just early.” The green haired boy pointed out as he approached.

 “Whatever.” Kacchan replied, content enough to drop the matter and avoid another squabble. 

 It was a cloudy day, bunches of fluffy clouds hiding the sun and casting a cool shadow over the town. Izuku relished the feel of the cool air, breathing in deep as he fell into step beside Kacchan, who had already started walking. Along with the scent of crisp, fresh air, came a fragrance Izuku hadn’t noticed before. It smelled of fire wood and smoke, a strange but pleasant smell that had Izuku longing to get closer to the source. A smell that, after a second, Izuku recognized as Kacchan’s scent.

 Izuku ignored the heat in his cheeks.

 “Ah, wait!” Izuku called out, a thought springing to the front of his mind, “I forgot my wallet!”

 The short teen spun on his heels, already preparing to sprint back to his apartment when a hand planted firmly on his shoulder.

 “Oi, who said you needed a wallet, Deku?”

 “Kacchan, we’re going to the mall, of course I need my-”

 Kacchan clicked his tongue and yanked Izuku back towards him. “You really think I’d drag you out here just to make you spend your own money, Deku? I know basic etiquette, idiot.”

 Astonished and unbelieving that Kacchan would do anything like that for him, Izuku peered up into the blonde’s piercing red eyes, searching for any hint of malice or mockery.

 There was none.

 “Y-You don’t… are you sure? I can go back,”

 “Deku. I don’t say things I don’t mean.”