Sweet Like Honey Painkillers (Pt.1)

Izuku swallowed thickly, the wad of spit travelling audibly down his throat as he stared at the deep burgundy wood of this stranger’s front door. His clumsy fingers agitated the rolled-up sleeves of his dress shirt, uncrumpling them slightly and earning the attention of the boy next to him. Rolling his eyes, Kacchan leaned forward, adjusting Izuku’s sleeve and settling it above his elbow once again.

 “Idiot, stop messing with your sleeves. Looks better this way.” The blonde reprimanded as he went on to adjust the rest of the green haired boy’s outfit- smoothing the wrinkles out of his thin, green sweater vest and yanking the end of his button-up down so it hung just below the vest and over the zipper of his jeans.

 Izuku had wondered, briefly, when he had first wrestled the outfit on if he was overdressed, but then he’d caught sight of Kacchan and decided that, no, he wasn’t. If anything, the blonde made him feel under dressed.

 A dark denim jacket hung from the other’s shoulders and over a gray shirt, the sleeves rolled up similarly to Izuku’s to show off his toned forearms and the sleek, black watch clinging to his wrist. Hugging his legs were black cargo pants that put his legs on display and cut off right above the ankle to flaunt his brand-name sneakers. By itself, the outfit wasn’t anything too special, but the blonde pulled it off extraordinarily well; he somehow managed to make the ensemble look both effortless and thoroughly planned at the same time, as if plucked straight from the cover of a catalog.

 On Kacchan, it was very…

 Izuku inhaled sharply through his nose, shaking his head wildly as if to physically dispel those thoughts.

 “Calm the hell down, nerd. It’s just a party, it ain’t a big deal.” Kacchan told him, apparently mistaking his head shake for a sign of nervousness.

 Well, the blonde didn’t end up being wrong- Izuku very much was nervous.

 "I've never been to a party, Kacchan, I can’t help but be nervous." He didn’t know anybody besides Kacchan. What if he was left alone with some stranger? He’d have to make conversation, and it would be awkward because he’d have nothing good to talk about. Not to mention they probably already didn’t like him!

 "You've never been to a lot of things. Relax, I'm not gonna let 'em bite your stupid head off." 

 Kacchan raised a hand and rasped his knuckles on the door. He tapped his foot impatiently even though it was a mere few seconds before the door was swung wide open.

 Izuku immediately took note of the stench that wafted in through the open doorway. Bitter alcohol assaulted his nostrils and Izuku's face pinched in protest. The second thing he registered was the loud music. It had a fast beat and an enticing tune that urged his body to follow it, sway to it.

 "B-Bakugou! You made it!" The girl at the door greeted them. She was the same girl from the mall- the host, if Izuku remembered right. She had almond tinted hair that curved towards her neck and pointed out at the tips, light green highlights spanning the length of her bangs to match her lime irises. She laid her eyes on Kacchan as if she were beholding a Greek god, her eyes shining the same way most of the other teenage girls' in their school did. Izuku wondered fleetingly if Kacchan liked the way they stared at him. "I was worried you weren-"