Swimming Through Rain Clouds

"So I snuck out last night," Extra #2 proclaimed, a satisfied smile curling his lips. His uniform was askew, one side untucked from his pants and dangling. His bag was thrown over one shoulder and he walked with long strides- it was so obvious he was trying to copy Katsuki and look like a "bad boy" it was almost funny. Almost.

 Extra #1 snorted at the smug look and raised an eyebrow, a hint of incredulity in his voice when he replied.

 "Seriously?"

 "Yep! My parents didn't wake up at all. It was a total success."

 "Man, you've gotta teach me how you do it! I always get caught..."

 "I can't teach you how not to be an idiot."

 "Hey!"

 Katsuki stomped into the ground with force, hoping the dull thuds would drown out the mindless, stupid chatter coming from the two idiots behind him. They'd been talking constantly since the moment they'd all met up to walk to school together. Their annoying voices were like nails on a chalkboard this early in the morning.

 Unfortunately for him, the stomping didn't work and he was stuck listening to it the entire way to class. Irritation swelled in his gut and curled his fingers and yet he said nothing. Instead, he simply stomped harder, willing the tingle in his hands to subside and the urge to blow some extra's face off to die down.

 Normally, he would just scream at them to shut the hell up, but he was determined not to lose his cool today. And so he walked through the halls, passing by the walls of lockers and useless anti-bullying posters, without saying a word. Even when the extras laughed obnoxiously loud and called, "Katsuki! You gotta hear this!" over some moronic classroom drama. Even when some girl pretended to 'accidentally' drop her things in front of the blonde in hopes he'd offer his time and effort in order to help her. Like he'd do that for anyone - let alone some fucking extra.

 Despite all that, though; despite how everyone seemingly converged on him like he was blood in the water the moment he didn't automatically snap at them, he kept his mouth pressed into a firm, thin line.

 Afterall, today, he had an objective, and he needed to stay focused on it. Bakugou Katsuki did not fail at anything- so if practicing patience was a necessary step in obtaining victory, he would. At least for a little while.

-

 Deku was zoning out- again. His eyes bored into the board in front of them but they weren't focused. His pupils weren't tracing the white letters or closely inspecting the texture of the slate stone. No, he wasn't really looking at anything.

 It had taken the blonde a few times of looking back and seeing the nerd staring holes in various places to figure out he was just getting lost in thought. He'd been confused at first, wondering what could possibly be so interesting about the back of that girl's head or the slightly overflowing trash can in the corner.