35

I manage to catch up to Leah who is stomping furiously towards her mothers house. "Don't you dare!" She yells at me as I run up to her. I throw my arms around her neck, "Ahhh! He imprinted on you! You imprinted on him! Oh this makes me the happiest person alive!" I yell squeezing her tightly. She groans and shoves me off, running away from me, I chase after her with a grin but she slams the door in my face. I hear the click of a lock "How dare you!" I yell hammering on the door. "Mom! Make her leave me alone!" I hear Leah yell, I huff loudly "She imprinted Sue! I have a right to hug her to death!" I stomp my foot and I hear Sue's laughter. She opens the door, but blocks my way, "I think she just needs to come to terms with it on her own" She says, grinning at me. I smile "Bug her for me?" I whisper, she winks and closes the door. I skip towards Emily's with a grin to pick up Nicky, Rose had asked to babysit Lara and I had said yes. Carlisle and Edward would be dropping her off, along with Bella in about half an hour, everyone was heading up the cliffs for a tribal meeting. I had been coming to them for as long as I could remember, but I had thought they were just stories up until Bella came to town. I shake my head with a sigh and Push open the door Nicky runs up to me and I pick him up, "Thanks Emily! I'll see you at the meeting!" I call out and leave the house, I buckle Nicky into his car seat and stray the drive to the boundary line.

I get out of the car and take Nicky out of his car seat just as Two cars and Jakes Motorbike arrive. Carlisle gets out of his car, his eyebrow raising when he sees me. I frown and look down at myself in confusion. Edward and Bella get out of the Volvo and burst out laughing. "Do you usually walk around in your underwear?" Bella asks, I shake my head and look at Jake, "Where did my clothes go?" I ask, glaring at him. He holds his hands up "You threw them behind you before you jumped off the cliff" He says, Carlisle chuckles while Bella and Edward gape. "That explains the damp look about you, Love" he says, reaching into the back of his car and pulling Lara out of her car seat. She gurgles happily, and he walks over to me. Lara giggles when she sees me and I grin at her "Hello little Lara-bug!" I say, tapping her nose. She grabs my finger and tries to put it in her mouth, I extract my finger and smile as Carlisle sets her in the car seat in my Jeep. He wraps an arm around my waist and pulls me into his chest and kisses me, Nicky laughs and kicks us. I pull away from him with a smirk, "That was unexpected" I say, "It really wasn't. I kiss you every chance I get" he says, patting Nicky's back. He walks back to his car, "Put some clothes on!" He calls out, I wink "I'll think about it!" I say, putting Nicky in his car seat, and closing the door as Bella pulls herself from Jake's arms. I get into the jeep, Blow Carlisle a kiss, and make a U-turn, heading back the way I came. I pull up at Sue's and knock on the door. "Le-Le? I need some clothes!" I call out. Sue opens the door, "She went to ask Terrance to the meeting tonight" Sue says, handing me a pair of shorts and a tank top. I pull them on and smile. "I'll walk with you?" I offer and she nods, grabbing a shawl. I pull Nicky and Lara out of their car seats and kick the door closed. She smiles and we walk up the hill.

"It's the first time an outsider is hearing the legends" I hear Jake say to Bella. I hand Lara to Leah and Nicky runs towards Sue. I grab Bella's arm with a grin, "What about Marissa?" She asks, I scoff "Excuse me! I am a bonafide member of the pack! I've been hearing these since I was Nicky's Age" I say, Seth runs up "Abs this is Seth. Newest member of the pack, and Leah's brother" Jake says, Seth grins "Newest, bestest, brightest" He says, shoving a hot dog in his mouth, I throw my arm around his neck and rub my knuckles over his head "And slowest!" I say, He manages to get out of my grip and backs off slightly. "Come on, your Dads about to start!" He says, running towards and lifting Lara from her arms. I sit down and Nicky runs over to me and sits on my lap. "The Quileute have been a small tribe from the beginning. And weve always had magic in our blood. We were great spirit warriors, shape-shifters that transformed to the powerful wolf." Billy says, clawing his hands like claws, Nicky toddles over to him and Billy lifts him onto his lap, "This enabled us to scare off our enemies and protect our tribe. One day our warriors came across a creature that looked like man but was hard like stone and cold as ice. Our warriors sharp teeth finally tore it apart, but only fire would completely destroy it. They lived in fear the cold man was not alone. They were right." His eyes lock on Bella and a shiver goes up my spine. "She took her vengeance out on the village. Our elder chief, Taha Aki, was the only spirit warrior left to save the tribe after his son was killed. Taha Akis third wife would see that we would lose. The third wife was no magical being, no special powers but one. Courage. The Third wifes sacrifice distracted the cold woman long enough for Taha Aki to destroy her. She saved the tribe. Over time our enemies have disappeared but one remains. The cold ones. Our magic awakens when theyre near and we sense it now, we feel the threat in our blood. Something terrible is coming and we must all be ready. All of us." His eyes lock on mine and I nod. I stand up, "Alright, my awesome dear wolfing friends, you all know about the Intruder at Charlie's" I say, taking Lara from Seth and sitting her on my hip. "Now, I know that Victoria is behind it, and everything going on in Seattle" I say, meeting all of their eyes, Bella sighs "But Alice has been watching her decisions, its not her" She protests. I sigh heavily, "She is playing with the blind spots in Alice's vision. Don't you get it? She's not making the decisions. She's letting someone else do it, most likely the intruder" I say, The pack nods and Billy smirks "You find Victoria and you bring her to me Alive-ish" I say locking eyes with Sam. He nods and I hear Leah's imprint snort "No offence Marissa, but you're tiny. What can you do to a vampire?" I look at Terry and raise an eyebrow, as the other wolves laugh. He suddenly flips upside down and his eyes widen. "I could also set fire to you." I say, flipping him around before placing him back on the ground. A grin covers his face "Wicked!" He exclaims and Lean smiles. I grin and grab a hot day and drown it in ketchup. Paul rolls his eyes, "Hanging around with those leeches are making you weird" He says, I glare at him and he sighs "Sorry, The Cullens" He says, lifting his hands up. "You willingly spend time around Vampires?" I could tell that Terry was curious. I smile "They're vegetarians." I sigh at the confusion on his face, "They only drink animal blood" Bella fills in. He nods slowly, "But why you two?" He asks, Bella flushes and I pat her head, "Vampires have mates. Kind of like an imprint" I mutter. He nods and turns to Leah, my eyes widen "Uncle Billy!" I shriek suddenly, making almost everyone jump. "I think I remember that if Teo imprints are both shifters then they have their own separate mind link!" I say, my eyes widening. He nods his head and looks at Leah and Terry. My phone pings with a message and I grin. "I have to go! Love you!" I call out, I swing Nicky onto my hip and make my way back down the hillside.

When I reach the Cullens I see Carlisle leaning against the front steps. He makes his way to my Jeep and pulls Nicky from his car seat. I climb out and grab Lara, he smiles at me and wraps his spare arm around my waist and tugs me into his side, I smile at him and we walk into the house and smile as Rose holds her hands out for Nicky and Lara. I smile and hand Lara over and wrap my arms around Carlisle. He smiles and sets Nicky on the floor, and wraps his arms around me. "Are you alright keeping an eye on them?" I ask Rose and she grins. I tug Carlisle towards the stairs but stumble slightly. He chuckles and unwraps my arms from around him, he grins at me and steers me upstairs with his hands on my waist. I push open his office door and throw myself onto his soft leather chair. He leans against the desk and crosses his arms with a small smile. "What are you standing there for?" I ask, crossing my ankles on top of his desk. "Just admiring the view" He says, a smirk forming on his face. I match it with one of my own, "Can't you admire it from over here?" I ask, raising an eyebrow. He smiles and lifts me up before sitting on the chair. I swivel on his lap and throw my legs over the arm of the chair and tilt my head up to face him. "So...How's the view now?" I ask he chuckles and captures my lips in a gentle kiss, "Beautiful" He murmurs against my lips. I smile "It's not so bad from where I'm sitting, either" I say, wrapping my arms around his neck, and kissing him back. He shifts me so that my knees are on either side of his hips, his thumb rubs small circles on my hip bone, and I chuckle "You don't have to be so gentle. It's not like I'm going to break" I say, he tightens his grip on my hip slightly, and he stands up, his other hand wrapping around my waist pressing against the base of my spine. I pull my lips from his as he sets me on the edge of his desk, but he quickly leans down, his teeth nipping at my bottom lip. I gasp and he slips his tongue into my mouth, teasing me. My heartbeat picks up and I pull him even closer to me, wrapping my legs around him and locking my ankles together. He pulls away after another minute and I rest my head on his shoulder while I try and catch my breath, I had kind of forgotten that I needed to breathe. I pull my head from his shoulder and notice him smirking at me, "Was that any better?" He asks, I grin at him, "I'm not sure...you might have to try again" I say, and he grins, pressing his lips against mine in another scorching kiss.