37

I park at the Cullens house and grin at all the fairy lights. Our hard work had paid off. (Mostly mine. It didn't take the others much effort at all) I hear the music thumping and smile. I always loved a good party. I was there as a chaperone, of course, which meant No alcohol for me. I walk inside and See Bella talking furiously to Jacob. "Was my right hook not subtle enough? That was me un-inviting you" She snaps. "Whoa. What happened?" I ask, "I kissed her and she punched me" He says. My eyes widen "That's why you're wearing the bandage. Oh Jacob Black I am going to kill you." I growl and move towards him only to be held back by Bella. I roll my eyes and stomp towards Alice. She smiles at me, "Isn't it great?" She asks, I smile "It is!" I say, spinning around, I notice Alice stare off into space and frown "Alice?" I ask, She doesn't say anything. "Alice, whatd you see?" Bella asks, appearing at my elbow.

"A decision's been made." She mutters, My eyes widen "Whats going on?" Jake asks, I stare at Alice.

"We're not going to Seattle." I say, looking around at all of the Humans, "No, theyre coming here." She says. I grab her arm and tug her upstairs and into Carlisle's office. He was already in there with the rest of the Cullens and Jake, Quil and Embry. He sighs and rubs his temple with his hand. "This could turn into a blood bath." He mutters. I sigh and rest my hands on his shoulders, "We won't let that happen and you know it, Love" I whisper, He reaches up and takes my hand in his. "Whos behind it?" Edward asks, Alice frowns "I didnt see anyone I recognized." She pauses "Maybe one." Edward frowns "I know his face. Hes local, Riley Biers. He didnt start this." I tighten my grip on Carlisle's hand and he stands up and wraps an arm around my waist. "Either way, the army is coming and there arent enough of us to protect the town." Jasper says, crossing his arms and leaning against the wall. Jacob looks around in confusion "Hold up, what damn army?" He snaps,

"Newborns, our kind." Carlisle says, "Theyre after Bella? What the hell does this mean?" Jake asks, I look up at Carlisle and he sighs "It means an ugly fight, with lives lost." He says, "All right. Were in." He says, I chuckle and high five him. "No, youd get yourselves killed. No way." Bella exclaims. I snort and entwine my fingers with Carlisle's "I wasnt asking for permission." He snaps, Bella turns to Edward and glares at him "Edward?" She says, "It means more protection for you." He says without looking at her. "Jacob, do you believe Sam would agree to an understanding?" Carlisle asks, and I grin. "You're joking right? Sam would more than adhere to an understanding" I say, Bella glares at me and I widen my eyes at her. "As long as we get to kill some vampires." Jake says with a cheesy grin. "Jasper?" Carlisle looks towards the empath "Itll give us the numbers. New-borns wont even know they exist. Itll give us an edge." He says, "Jake, you dont know what youre getting yourself into." Bella please then looks at me, "Rissa. Tell him" I look around and sigh "Bella. This is what they do. They were born to fight and kill Vampires." I say, "You should be happy, look at us, were working together. You are the one who wanted us to get along, remember?" Jake says, motioning around. I sigh heavily at the look on my sisters face and turn into Carlisle's chest. He strokes his fingers down my spine absentmindedly, and I inhale the scent of Lemons that always clings to him. The wolves pile out and Alice sighs "I'll go end the party" She sighs I grab her arm and shake my head "No. Have fun tonight. Because tomorrow we are training!" I say, The vampires leave the room and I pull away from Carlisle, He smiles at me. "Go out with me." He says, I raise an eyebrow "Was that a request or a demand?" I ask, he chuckles "Would you set fire to me if I said both?" My eyes widen and I pull away "I'm too nice to set fire to someone" I protest and he laughs and tugs me into his arms. "I'll believe that." He presses a kiss to my lips, "When I see it" I sigh softly and smile at him, "Alright. Let's go out." I say. He grins and swings me onto his back. "You can't do your vampire thingy's here!" I protest quietly and he chuckles and opens the door. "Don't worry, I'm not about to expose myself" He says, carrying me outside on his back.