6. The North Star

"It is so refreshing... It feels so free
When no one cares about me.. no one asks why I was not seen for one day-two day
When no one asks if I am feeling ok...
When no one asks if I've eaten or not-
When no one asks if I am alone-
When no one asks if how am I doing-
When no one asks if I am laughing or crying-

No need to bother about my identity... photos... social media...

It feels funny...
Like I do not exist where I'm living.. you are you, where I am me....same world, different dimensions-

It's less bothersome.. it makes me feel free...
I'm free
I don't get dust on my face... It feels great"

Sean was buried into irrelevant thoughts then K shows up.

"Oh! What I am seeing?" K exclaims, "You're just laying on the bed?"

"Hmm. It feels great....."

"Great??? Wtf! You're stings of hopeless humans beings... Sit up, I brought you food."

"Ah, thanks!" Sean sits up for real.

K gives out a sigh hearing thanks from him.

"You're looking different today.. what's the matter? Did that Yoububu boy said anything last night?"

"Hmm.. he asks me not to visit him," Sean says emotionlessly.

K stairs at Sean for a moment then laughs out. "Hahahahaha...serve you right. Aren't you being too horny? Knowing how risky is it..."

Her expression suddenly changed..like she didn't smile a moment ago.

"Huh, talk about lucky bastard...
Fuck, why I even born anyway?"

Sean looks at her. "I'm glad you're born."

"Like you care!! You better don't comment." K roars and throws something at Sean. Sean laughs.

Sean never laughed when he was in Company. His eyes changed slowly after the boy came into his life. But he too worried to smile. Now seeing him joking or laughing, makes K's heart skip a bit.
She gets some blushes...when she was just feeling the pain of loneliness and one-sided love...

"This is the first time you complained about your birth..." Sean says in a stiff face.

K looks down.."Leaving Company changed everything so much. But it couldn't change everything... I will never have something called mine..." She gives a sad smirk, "How can I not envious of you and Yibo or Zo..."

Sean doesn't speak more.
"K never had anything except the company assassins. She doesn't even know her parents... This freedom is not sweet to her. I may run for Yibo. There is nothing or no one for her...."

.

.
Sean eats up the food she brought. He stands up to leave the room, then glances at K and says, "You better don't waste the food."

"It doesn't look good when you sigh!" Sean says to K just before leaving the room, "You'll find something, K. Last night did not you beat a father who was torturing his kid? You have a soft spot. And it was in you from long ago...someday someone will happy to have someone like you. Do what you like, life doesn't stop so live on...."

Sean leaves the room.

***********************************

(Continue after Zo and Yibo's conversation from the last chapter)
*