26. Dance with Death

17 years ago. China.

The day of Zo's killing (the real incident of the chapter- Man on a Mission, book 1 or 'Assassin's Brother' If you didn't read that part, it's going to be hard to relate.)
___________________________________________

Page colour 🖤 Black
Violence and Blood warning.

__________________________________________

Zo: I surrender, I lost.
You can kill me. After all, killing is easier, saving is tough.

She sat pressing her wound, panting hard.

Sean: This is what you become, Laoshi? Begging for life?

Zo: I'm not begging for me... but the baby did nothing wrong.

Sean: Which baby?

Zo looks at him, smiles dearly, "The Baby in me. I wanted a normal life for this baby. Even though I look miserable, I'm still a mother."

A teardrop escaped from her eyes. She quickly lifts her face and covers her face with her hand and laughs. "Haha... What was I expecting... Mothers are always unfortunately fortunate...haha..."

Sean shrank his eyes. He never knew this Zo, who taught him killing. Who taught him that they should not have feelings. "She is incredibly powerful, not someone who breaks down in emotion...now why is she behaving like a stranger? How can someone like her have a baby? what is she feeling? I don't know! I don't understand!!!"

"You don't seem ready to kill me...what about a little chat?"  Zo says as she smiles.

"Why? Why did you fight me? I don't feel like I win!!!!!!!" Sean yells.

"You are my pupil, if you asked for a match, I should give that to you..."

Sean grips his hand.

"Ah...! I didn't think I'll die... I told him I'll be back...I wish I could say goodbye... Haha... He never yelled at me..haha.. he actually can't.. and if I yell at him, that also got no effect on him.. haha.. you know why? I guess you don't. 
Sigh! He (Jun Kang, Zo's lover) is such a coward, but he gave me a baby... I got so tensed... I guess all mothers felt the same... So, I wanted to make a different future. Do you think this is abstract?  Can you tell me, why will the baby receive the punishment for my deed? we may end up like this, but is this all we wanted from life, Sean?"

Sean became stone. For a fraction of a moment, his family picture flashes in his mind, before he lost everything. The meaning of mother was altered.
"Zo wanna be a mother? Am I going to kill an unborn baby? After what we all have faced? And aren't I wanted to live as a human too... when Yibo could always smile at me, won't get scared and leave me....can't I make a start?"

But, he never disobeyed the company. It wasn't that easy for him. Sean walked towards her, gave her the coat the president gave him. And a flower.

Zo's eyes were emotional, she said, "You brought my favourite flower?"

Sean: Yes.

Zo put the flower close to her heart, it's a farewell gift from her pupil. Her eyes fluttered with a smile, also a silver drop of anguish. She asked Sean, "But why are not raising your gun? are you not gonna kill me?

Sean: Not directly. But you will die tonight for sure, Rest well."

Zo looked at the jacket. "Is president gave this to you? Haha, she trusts you again she fear you, I can see."