37. The Die Is Cast

"He is the reason for my mother's death." Ms Kim says.

Everyone is startled.

Ms Kim continues, "He never noticed us but his business. But I also found out that he has hands-on black money too. I don't know the details. But I started to hate him more. I could do anything to sue him, so I just had to see and keep silent. The mother tried to stop him, but only get bad behaviour and negligence. She became sick and lastly left us. I think, no, he must have drugged her slowly so that she stays sick and doesn't bother him. We never meant anything to them except he wanted us to smile at social parties - all he knew was money-money!!"
She pauses a little to control herself, then continues,

"But he was only one left in my family. He wasn't that bad before... So, his death ----- and, I never saw anything that bloody. I couldn't become happy seeing him lying all bloody that day, even though I hate him. At that moment, I felt fear. Why these are happening to us? Will I die too?

But the most striking was Mr Yibo... I didn't take him as a bad person. But when I saw him staring at my father's body I believed that he had killed my father.

Death is always striking, how does someone stands beside a dead body and doesn't react? And, I took him as a murderer."

She lifts his face towards Yibo, "I'm sorry. And thank you for these days."

Seeing her understanding him, Yibo feels much better.

Yibo says, "Mr Kim has died because of his work. He is killed by the order of the guy with whom he was working. Now, those guys are trying to use you to get your father's business and drag us down. They searched for you to get a hold of me, Now, you still have a life threat..."

Yibo thinks, "They may use her to get me too...Eric may not want her to kill for the money or because she has her father's secret or so... But he doesn't always wait for a motif to kill anyone... It's a game to him. I wanted to save her." Yibo thinks.

Ms Kim looks blankly at Yibo.

Yibo goes outside, dials Zo and describes everything.
"Can we take Ms Kim to our place?"

"Yibo, I'll go there and talk, it will be hard to talk over the phone," Zo says and cuts the call.

"Is he mad?" She thinks, "Tch! It's too bothersome to raise a 'good sensitive boy'."

Zo reaches there within half an hour.

She first goes to Miss Kim. After some talk, she moves toward Yibo. She heard all. Well, now everything is mostly up to her. In this legal work, she is Yibo's guardian.
But both of them can't let anyone dig out their past, their identity so everything needs to be buried before it caught fire.

"You want to bring her our home?" She asks Yibo in front of everyone.

"Oooooo! Captain!!!!" The gang cheers together. They heard Yibo's proposal to Zo before. They take it in a different way

Yibo looks at them.."Guys!!"

"No captain. It's good. We support you!" They make a thumbs up.

Yibo sighs. Zo rolls her eyes. The two of them only know about Sean.

Miss Kim stands up. "Umm... it's my fault. It's a misunderstanding... I'm very sorry for earlier. It was because of the inspector...I didn't mean you to .... Mr Yibo, that day, You called me Jie, right? I guess it's mean sister, um then you're my brother. I'm very sorry to bother you this way, and Mrs Kang- same for you too ---" She seems embarrassed.