flinch' ˢᵉᵒⁿᵍʰʷᵃ

[I'm trYinG to write shorter scenarios¯\_༼ •́ ͜ʖ •̀ ༽_/¯
p.s this is longer than what I intended to go for-]

The sound of the door harshly closing caught your attention from the tv show that was playing faintly in the living room.

It could be only one person,

"Hwa?"

Your husband of two years. At this time, he usually comes home from a tiring day at work.

You paused the tv and made your way to the kitchen, where he stormed off to as soon as he entered the house.

His work blazer was messily laid on the cold marble floor of the kitchen, and his office briefcase was thrown onto the kitchen island that was situated in the middle of the spacious room.

The only thing you could see was his broad back, heavy breathings were heard and you couldn't see his expression. He also had his hands on his hips, and anyone who saw his back view could tell he was frustrated.

You knew he was having one of those days that he barely had, so you didn't know whether to approach or leave him alone.

Standing quietly as you jumbled through your messy thoughts, Seonghwa had poured himself some water, drinking it harshly as a few droplets fell from his chin, sliding down his neck as it soaked his button-up shirt.

He put the glass cup down rather harshly, that he had almost cracked it. The loud sound made you avert your attention to him, already making your decision.

Your petite figure slowly made its way towards his, a hand finding refuge on his left shoulder.

"Hwa, how was work?" You asked, trying to sound as soft as possible to the male just so you wouldn't trigger a nerve in him– which you were positive you would.

Instead of answering, he kept quiet. He tipped his head backward, slightly touching yours as you were right behind him. He let out a frustrated sigh, not turning towards you or even seemed to acknowledge your presence.

It was like, he didn't want you to be there.

Ignoring the weird feeling slowly growing in your stomach, you were patient and gentle with him, turning him around with both of your hands clasping onto his shoulders, you finally saw his face.

Anger, frustration, stress– there were many emotions you could pick out and not decipher at the same time. His face held a frown, a deep frown that made him look like he aged a thousand years or so by whatever happened today at work.

"You okay?" You tried to search for his eyes but to no avail. Though you were just asking out of concern, he found it, quite annoying. Not that you were annoying though, it was just him who thought of it that way.

He just wanted to be alone, alone for once. He wanted to be there all by himself, let the thoughts in his mind wander around, be himself, release his stress– he just wanted you to not be there at the moment.

"Could you go?" His voice was deep and void of any emotions– besides a few that wasn't pleasing. He pushed your hands away, the warmth that was embracing his shoulders was gone, but he didn't think too much about it.

"Did something happen?" You ignored his plead, and without noticing you pushed his buttons, making anger bubble even more in himself.

"Yeah, something did happen and you're making the matter worse, so go." He didn't even spare a glance at you as he stomped up the stairs and into your shared bedroom.

Your feet followed after him and made it in before he could even slam the door on your face. There was a fair distance between the two of you. He was standing near the window while you were standing at the edge of the king-sized bed. Tension filled the room as the only thing you could hear was his loud sighs and your soft breathings.