deja vu 'ʸᵘⁿʰᵒ

[damn another long oneshot :]

The weather was cold and windy when you decided to go out. I mean— who in the world thought it was a good idea to go out in this weather with a thin cardigan on.

You were a transfer student, and recently moved to Gwangju, your hometown from Seoul. Ironic, huh.

You went to a strangely familiar park, but failed to know if you had actually been here before. No, it could be any park you're at right now....right?

Have I been here before...?

You shrugged as you sat down on a bench, the tree casting it's shadow on your sitting figure. You took out your laptop from your sling bag and started working on your work. After working for a while, you took the laptop off of your lap and just sat there while looking around.

Strange, this place seems oddly familiar

You breathed in the cold afternoon air and suddenly, a scene unfolded before your eyes.

...

An eight year old you was sitting on a swing, playing by yourself after school as you had no friends. You were smiling, but behind that smile was sadness. You always thought how nice it would be to play with a friend, or even better— friends. You were always seen and labeled as the quiet kid in class. Nobody wanted to talk to you, and always left you out on any activities your class had. You were very shy. So shy that when someone speaks to you, you would not be able to talk back and become nervous. Being shy as a kid was normal, but you, you weren't SEEN as the normal one.

So the other kids decided to not talk to you. You were weird. Who would ever be your friend? No one. But oh boy were you wrong.

"Hey, weird girl!" Someone threw a pebble at your way as you successfully dodged it. You looked back and there you saw them. The group of kids who loves torturing you everyday at school, and no one would try to stop them— besides the teacher of course. But this was an opportunity for them to pick on you, since no teachers were there. You could've sworn you would be rolling your eyes if it wasn't for you being a coward.

You hated that part of you the most. You were a coward. Everytime you wanted to speak up and defend yourself, you'd just back up. You were scared, but you also wanted to be strong, strong for yourself. But you just couldn't.

"What are you doing here alone? Aw, you don't have friends to play with?" One of them mocked as they started laughing. You balled your hands into fists, trying not to bark out on them, or the result could've been a lot more worse than they have planned to. Another kid pushed you, making you fall down on the ground.

"Speak up, will ya? Or will you grow up having difficulties to converse with people?"

"Hey! Stop that." A boy, a very tall boy, walked his way towards you, standing tall as he gave the bullies a threatening look. "Leave. Her. Alone." And with just those words, the others fled for their lives, scared that the unknown and big boy would somehow tell their teacher about what they were doing.

He looked down at you as his eyes softened, his fluffy cheeks pink from his little outrage. He crouched down and pulled you to sit up. "Are you okay?" Was his first words to you. You were stunned, so stunned that you didn't even blink.

Someone, someone just talked to me!

Never once has someone around your age spoke to you— asked you, if you were okay. Never once, did someone stood up for you. Never once, did a boy like him was brave enough to confront your bullies.