The Hit

A/N: As usual, I would recommend putting the video on loop.

Both arms draped down by his sides, and pain coursed through his body, but Jacob's smirk fell back onto his lips. "That's what I thought. You really have no idea what will happen between her and you." Almost, Jacob chuckled venomously, but he winced instead when the movement sent another wave of pain through his body.

Emorie stared down to the human male as if he was less than the stone beneath his feet, and he certainly was in Emorie's opinion. His left nails clicked together, and a scowl set onto his countenance. "I'll figure that out once you've suffered more and once you're dead." He took a step forward, and Jacob scooted back, though; he couldn't go far due to the agony that his arms caused him.

"Wouldn't it be better to ask?" Jacob raised a brow, and his tone was mocking. "I know what happened to you and how you got like that." Hate entered his tone. "Even if you were supposed to remain dead." His light brown optics switched over to the knight's left arm. "How do you think that you got that back?"

"Clearly, something odd happened to me, but I'm not going to complain if it means that I can be back with (f/n) and end you." He raised his left hand, and Jacob, despite fear racing through his veins, laughed. He leaned over and tried not to support himself on his broken arms.

"Really?" Jacob laughed more. "You don't even know if you can be back with her. And, I don't know if you really want to say that. I think that once you find out how you came back you might complain."

Again, quiet laughter, inaudible to the lettnex and human, traveled around the petite fae. They wouldn't treat their creation like they had treated Jacob. He was their new entertainment, and he was proving himself to be quite a capable creature. Not to mention that they hadn't betrayed Jacob or his sister. Rather, they just were expecting a very gruesome price for their help. That was all. If anything, the human male should've learned that their help comes with a price.

In the instance of the wild blue phlox flower they had given to Jacob and the young girl as well as the flowers to the other children, they had made exceptions. Seeing the innocent, pure smiles on their faces at the time had been enough and had been a decent price for the humans to pay. Besides, having some children know of their existence did come in handy when they became adults in case they ever wanted something else.

"They?" Emorie paused, but he saw the grin trying to form on Jacob's lips. A frown appeared on the knight's. Slowly, Emorie lowered his left hand. He relaxed a little bit, and Jacob had a harder time not grinning. "What do you mean?"

"They might be in here right now with us. Is this where you woke up?" Jacob asked, his eyes staying on the knight. Given what capabilities the knight's new form had displayed earlier, he'd rather not look away from him.

"... I ..." Was it? It must've been. He dragged the apprentice here as though he knew the way by heart. Before he had died, though, he never had been in this cave. Furrowing his brows, his thoughts were fuzzy. Instead, the desire to torture and kill Jacob grew stronger, and Emorie tilted his head to the left. His pale optics stared at Jacob in a manner that resembled a feral animal ready to attack its prey. Emorie noticed the grin still attempting to form on Jacob's lips.