Chapter 30|Dynasty (آشیانہ)

Something about us made me feel a little more alive and a far less lost.

Turkey had never been fresh in winters as it seemed that day. It was pleasantly cold with sunshine radiating it's warmth in Istanbul and on it's beings. The hospital had it's conference room ready for it's officials to arrive and proceed the meeting. The doctors from USA, Middle East and Asia were gathered in the hall, all nervous and excited for the exceptional chance that they had got from one of the most reknown neurosurgeons of Istanbul.

"I guess, I shouldn't be coming here. I'm not getting good vibes." Sarrinah blurted out in nervousness.

"Your vibe sucks these days, so forget it."

Noor cut her out.

"Rina, can you bring me water please!"

Hamza huffed, being all tired of these boring officials.

Norhan and Zain were busy in discussing something when some of the officials guided them towards the conference hall. Sarrinah and Hamza were being left behind. Sarrinah gave him a confused look but before she could call her people, they had alread entered inside the hall expecting her to follow that she didn't.

"Hey, just stay with your dad. I'll be right back!"

Sarrinah agreed with a heavy heart and turned to face the lobby of strangers. She kept walking and searching until she stopped a ward boy asking him about the cafeteria. He gestured her on top floor, a cafeteria only for officials.

She nodded and pressed the lift button to top floor. A certain feeling of discomfort churned inside of her but still a confident aura was maintained by her. The lift reached the top floor and door parted to show her the way to the most beautiful glass windows and graynight marble floor of the hospital, lighted with dim halogens and fancy interior.

There didn't seem a cafe. It was all so quiet, sophisticated and pin drop silence with shiny marble floor that she could hear her heartbeat. She took slow steps to find a cafeteria somewhere behind the doors and windows. It was a bit quiet than usual as the place had no human being found in it. She saw a spacious room at the end of the lobby with closed doors expecting it to be a "quiet" cafe.

Her heels tapped the marble floor a little more quickly and reached the big wooden door, twisting the knob when instead of pushing, she was pulled by an unexpected force from opposite side, making her slip on glassy marble floor. She almost lost her balance.

_

__________

The conference was all set to proceed so was he but got met by the most unexpected fall in split of seconds. It was a reflex response when his arms extended to save someone from crashing landing. He held her in a way to maintain the balance of both but eyes betrayed him the next instant. The chain of reflex incidents broke in a moment and time literally froze so were they. Breathes hitched and hearts almost stopped. The pin drop silence was back again but orbs forgot to blink the moment they met. How was this possible?