Chapter 35| Homecoming (بنجارے کو گھر)

More than her cracking voice, it was the depth of emotions that echoed through the dark biege walls of majestic house

More than her cracking voice, it was the depth of emotions that echoed through the dark biege walls of majestic house. It got familiarized with the presence of new homecoming. She never felt like a stranger on first place, though. As if each corner might had witnessed their untold stories by the one who owns it. He turned to her casually as if were already expecting it. Their faces glowed beneath the dim spotlight. It started revealing the fenced ocean of emotions that they had kept inside for so long.

"I'm all ears, Raina!" He kept staring at her wet eyes.

"I.." she paused. Then gulped, gathered courage and tinitiated.

"I didn't want all of this to happen."

Her lashes flickered, not maintaining the eye contact.

"That what happened five years ago or today?"

He raised his brow.

"Five years ago!"

She managed to blurt out. Hakan relaxed himself, leaning his back with the support of counter. He waited for her to continue without giving any remark.

"I had a reason for it and I was oblidged to do that..."

She paused holding the counter with sweaty palms.

"Not because, that I wasn't able to forgive you about what you pretended or lied but....."

"I never pretended to be in love with you!"

He completed her words. She came across his eyes and that was where she did a mistake.
Before she could fell into the spell,

"Maa Calling...."

Sarrinah's phone rang inside the bag that lied at the shelf beside her. Hakan rolled off his eyes in exasperation when Sarrinah huffed.

It blew all her courage and caged her back into the reality of fears.

"I should've taken you to Mars..."

He mumbled while sipping his coffee that she almost heard, searching her phone in panic.

"What?" she gave a quick look to him.

"Phone!"

He mumbled while observing her messed up belongings.

"Assalam alaikum ammi?"

The word "ammi" had caught his attention. It was his Shiza maa after all, be it after years or he never brought the years between them by calling her and Deeda off and on. Who knew? He thought, smiling to himself.

"Iss waqt khairyat hai sab?"

She asked genuinely concerned when his eyes fell on her wallet the sneaked out of her clutch.

A little sticky note peeked out from the wallet in a search mess. He narrowed his eyes to have a closer look only to witness their moment of Nikkah captured as a polaroid picture in its photo section. They looked at eachother, unawared of the click. His lips morphed into a surprised smile.
He grabbed the sticky note carefully that was a little crumbled and old.