Chapter 13

Lexa stood before the door. The door to a place she once called home. A door to which she's always had the keys, but yet here she was, knowing she'd rather knock. She took a deep breath. Anya had kept reminding her on their way here. Deep breaths. It's okay. So what if they'd had 4 years of a gap between them to catch up on, so what if the reason was that Clarke cheated on her, it was a long time ago and they need to move past it.

She took another steadying breath, and that's when she felt a small hand reach into her palm.

"Are you okay, mommy?"

Just the feeling of her daughters hand in hers was enough to calm her down. Lexa smiled.

"Yes, honey. I am" she said. She lifted Madi's hand up to kiss it, and looked behind to see Anya right behind her, encouraging her on with a nod, and then she finally knocked on that all too familiar door.

The knock on the door was loud and much awaited. Clarke stood up from where she was seated on the couch with Raven and Aden. Raven stood up too, but just to squeeze Clarke's hands before urging her forward.

Clarke pulled open the door and green eyes met blue. The feeling that over took her was just like the one she felt when she first laid eyes on Lexa when they were in school.

It took over her body in a way that she lost control over her senses. She couldn't move. Her eyes were fixed on Lexa's and Lexa's were fixed on hers.

"Hi... Clarke."

Clarke stood there speechless. Registering that Lexa's lips had moved, Lexa's lips had said her name. But that's all that she could do. Process the fact that Lexa had said her name. The sound was so familiar. Suddenly it didn't matter that 4 years had passed since she last heard it, because it sounded just the same rolling off Lexa's tongue.

She suddenly felt a nudge from behind her. Raven. Right yes. She had to say something.

"Lexa... Hi"

They stood there in silence for a few seconds until Raven had to intervene.

"It's so good to see you" she said as she walked passed Clarke, and threw her arms around Lexa, embracing her with all her love. And Clarke simply watched the exchange. She watched Lexa close her eyes and smile as she hugged an old friend. And Clarke wondered if it was her place yet, if she could have the privilege of embracing Lexa yet. But she didn't want to take the chance of upsetting her, and so she stood silently watching them chuckle at the reunion. Raven invited them in. Clarke wanted to slap herself. She was being a horrible host.

Her eyes met Anya's as they walked in. Anya smiled. And she reached out and squeezed Clarkes arm in acknowledgement. There was a hint of a smile too. Clarke took it. She followed them in when Lexa turned around and said

"Where are my manners, everyone, meet Madi, my daughter."

And that's when Clarke actually noticed the little human being beside Lexa, she was holding Lexa's hand. And she was the most beautiful being, second to only Lexa in the room.

"Madi" Clarke whispered to herself as she stared at the little brunette girl, her eyes were a light shade, but she couldn't tell if they were leaning more towards grey, green or blue. She had long, hair, that resembled Lexa's so much, no one would think she was adopted. A genuine smile reached Clarke's lips.

"Say Hi to everyone, Madi" Lexa said.

"Hi! You're all my mom's friends?"

Lexa was about to say something, when Raven interrupted.

"You got that right, kiddo" she walked forward and leaned down before her and said "I'm Raven, and that's Clarke, and we've know your mommy since she was really little." She said with a warm smile.