Six | Nervous, Muffin?

Chapter 6 : Nervous, muffin?

By the time lunch rolled around I'm dreading the rest of the day. I just want to go home, get into my nice comfy warm bed and read a nice book. Basically my everyday life.

"Hey Gem," Scarlet's voice breaks me out my thoughts as she sits down in front of me at our usual lunch table.

If you are confused. Scar calls me gem sometimes as a nickname but she never told me why. The name just sticks.

We began making small girl talk. Damon and Harley are not sitting with us. Sometimes they do, other times they sit with their 'popular friends.'

Damon always tries to convince Scarlet to sit with his table but she refuses all the time. She said if I couldn't sit with them then she couldn't either.

I don't care for sitting with the Popular, to be honest. All they do is talk about parties, sports, who they've recently slept with, and pranks for their next target to bully.

Yeah, I'd rather be lonely at my own table.

"So what's up with you and Mr. Dimples?" She wiggles her eyebrows at me as I roll my eyes.

"Why do you give everyone weird nicknames?" I bite into my apple.

"It's cool." She shrugged.

"Nothing. I barely know him," I tell her honestly.

"But you can't deny that he's cute," She points at me, biting into her donut.

"Ok yeah, he's really cute." I shrug.

"Then you like him?"

"No that's not what I'm saying."

"Omg, you so like him!" She yelled out getting the whole cafeterias attention including Damon and my brother's table.

"Thanks a lot, Scar." Big mouth...

"Who has a crush on who?" I sigh not bothering to look up, knowing it's Harley who is probably furious.

"No one. I was just kidding," Scarlet try's to save me but Harley isn't stupid.

Well, Sometimes.

"Hermione Noelle Scott!" He raises his voice and I sigh. Jeez, just scream our address why don't ya.

"What do you want DAD?" I finally look at him but with a glare. Harley grabs my wrist and pulls me out of the cafeteria. Great now the whole school is going to know me as the girl who got told off by her brother.

"Harley let me go!" I pull away from his grip once we're in the hallway.

"Answer me," His teeth gritted.

"There's nothing to say! Scarlet was only kidding you know her," I lie hoping he'll lay off me.

"You're lying Hermione."

Geez, I gotta stop biting my lip.

"Why do you and your obnoxious of a best friend, care who I have a crush on? which by the way, I don't!" I raise my voice. Now I'm mad.

He stares at me for a few seconds.

"It's that Brett guy isn't it?!" God, this guy just won't get it!

"What?"

"Where is he so I can pound his face into a door?!" He starts walking back into the cafeteria and I run after him.