Thirty-Seven | Leaving The Past Behind

Wrote this chapter on New Years of 2020... bruh when we had no idea Corona was gonna hit...

Chapter 37 : Leaving The Past Behind

"How was school?" I asked my brother and Damon as both entered the house. They dropped their book bags on the ground by the door before entering the living room where I'm currently at.

I decided not to be stuck inside my room all day. I love my room, but being there so much begins to get annoying. "Ass," Harley replied, walking into the kitchen.

"It was boring. Especially without you there with me. When are you coming back to school?" Damon pouted and sat next to me. His arms wrapped around my body, pulling me into him.

"Never?"

"Not an option," He chuckled and intertwined our fingers that sat in between us. I laid my head on his chest and sighed, watching the muted tv.

"I'm scared to go back," I mumbled.

"I know, but I'll be with you. You're not alone anymore and will never be again," He kissed my head and I smiled weakly.

"I'll think about it," I told him and stared at our hands.

"How's Joslin?" I asked after a minute of silence. I was curious about how she is now. Ever since her confession in the hospital which was two days ago, I couldn't stop thinking about it.

All this time, she liked me.

It still doesn't erase the memories of all the hurtful words and things she's done to me. Yes, I felt sorry for her because I know she feels. But she likes or liked me and I can't get over that.

It's unbelievable.

"Different. She's quieter."

"Oh," Was all I could say.

"She asked how were you today too. She seemed more soft and concerned which surprised me," I frowned a bit. Concerned?

"She must have really liked you. I don't blame her," I rolled my eyes at him playfully.

"Yeah, you know it's still hard to believe that she ever liked me. Once upon a time, Joslin didn't hate," I said and shook my head in disbelief.

"Hey, what did I say about touchy-feely?" Harley voiced boomed causing me to jump out of Damon's arms.

"I'm telling mom," I threatened.

"I'm telling mom," He mocked.

"Where is she anyway?" I asked while rolling my eyes at him.

"On her way home from work."

I suddenly felt Damon wrap his arms around me tighter and began rocking us back and forth. I leaned my head back to look up at him. He smiled down at me before kissing my forehead repeatedly.

"Ugh I'm leaving before I have nightmares," Harley said and ran up the stairs.

"I think he's jealous," Damon said and I chuckled.