Seventeen | Harley? Jail?

Chapter 17 : Harley? Jail?

Today was stressful. Everywhere I went eyes were directly focused me, because of the incident that happened the other day. Mom had suggested I take a day off from school just to 'make sure' I don't 'pass out' again. I love my mother with everything in me, but it annoys me how protective she gets sometimes.

The perks of having a mother who's a nurse. . .

I didn't feel safe in the halls by myself at all. Ever since the guy from the park, I've been paranoid every time I step into school. It's like everywhere I go, his eyes are always watching me waiting for the right moment to attack me again. I'm so lucky to have Scarlet by my side. She hasn't left me since this morning well, except for when we separate to go to our classes we don't have together. But she always walks me to mine and when class is over she's right there waiting for me outside.

I literally have so much love for that girl its unbelievable. Scarlet is my sister and nothing can change the way I feel about her. She's been there for me ever since the first day we met.

Science was my last class of the day so I convinced scarlet I would be fine walking to my locker alone. I have to learn to walk the halls myself at some point. I can't have scarlet protect me forever. She's already got two warnings from her teachers about her being late to class. Scarlet is a bright girl and I don't want my messed up life coming in between her grades.

Harley has been on my ass too. Every time class ends I would always get a text from him asking if I'm Alright or if I made it to my next class safely. He knows scarlet walks me to my classes, but he's very protective so I expected him to watch over me anyway. I love my brother honestly. Even though we have our fights I still love him. He's the only guy in my life who doesn't completely hate my guts or is disgusted by me.

When Harley would catch someone eyeing or speaking to me the wrong way, he'd shut them down quicker then sonic catching gold coins. My brother is not a hesitant person and will break someone face in a snap.

As for Damon. . . I've been ignoring him ever since the day I gave him his hoodie back. He's been trying to text, call and talk to me since then. Even putting notes in my locker with cute little quotes that I find really cute. But I always end up throwing them in the trash.

I'm trying not to give in on his apologies. It's been very hard when he gives me the puppy dog eyes or things like putting a rose in my locker. I have to admit, I almost gave in almost. But I continued to ignore him. I definitely kept the rose though, it's the only nice thing Damon has ever gotten me.

I don't understand why he's trying so hard to apologize to me. The last time Damon apologized was in 7th grade when he 'accidentally' set off the fire alarm during a math test. We all knew he just wanted to get out of doing it because it wasn't his first time 'accidentally' setting off something during school.

Sometimes during class, I would catch him staring at me and when I'd look his way, he'd quickly look away and try to act cool and play it off.

Brett and I talk all the time and I'm starting to warm up to him. It's weird having another guy in my life who's nice to me. Brett is one of those guys you'd only see or read about in movies, tv shows, or books. It always surprises me how sweet he is towards me and the words that come out of his mouth. He never fails to surprise me with his personality.

After class was over, I headed to my locker to put away my science notes and textbook. Out of all things, science is the one subject I'm struggling with. It was a shocker to me when I checked my grades on our last test and saw a big fat red D stamped on my computer screen.