Thirty-Five | Confessions

Chapter 35 : Confessions

Hermione

I felt my head pounding like crazy as my eyes shot open. My vision is blurry and I blinked rapidly, hoping to regain my sight. As I did, I squint my eyes at the bright dimmed light. It seemed so bright but dark at the same time.

My head was spinning when I sat up and I suddenly felt nauseous. Shaking my head, I groan at the aching pain in my body.

Rubbing my eyes, I look at my surroundings and frown in confusion. Everything is white. Like a hospital. Did I die? Is this heaven?

"Damon?" I said, my voice raspy as eyes landed on a sleeping body across the room.

Wait, then I'm not in heaven if he's here.

He shot his eyes open at the sound of my voice and stood up immediately. His eyes landed on me and the next thing I knew I was being smothered into his chest. My eyes widened and I stared around extremely confused on what's going on.

"What's happening?" I asked, my voice still raspy.

"You're okay, thank god," I heard him mumble before kissing my head forehead repeatedly.

My heart tingled a bit.

"Am I in a hospital? Why? Wasn't I taking a bath?"

He pulled away, still holding my hands.

"Yeah, you were. But you may have done something bad to yourself," He rubbed his thumb against the back of my hand softly.

"What do you mean?"

"Y-You almost drowned, baby," He stared at me sadly and I felt my throat go even drier.

"You took something that made you really sleepy and weak. It wasn't your fault, you didn't know," He caressed my cheek and I wanted to melt into his touch but then I remembered that it was still wrong.

Even if scarlet did hate me.

"I-I don't understand. I thought maybe I got out of the tub to take a nap-"

"It's okay-"

"I-I was only taking a nap. I didn't mean to scare anyone. I-" Damon shook his head and pulled me into his body. Not thinking straight, I wrapped my arms around his warm body as I sobbed.

"I know baby. It's ok, it wasn't your fault. You didn't know, but your okay now," He assured me, rocking us back and forth.

"Where's my mom?" I sniffed.

"Harley and I convinced her and Harmony to go home for tonight."

"Can I have some water?" I asked, my throat still completely dry. Damon nodded his head quickly before letting me go and walking into the bathroom.

I suddenly felt cold without his body heat and shook the stupid thought away. Stop acting like a baby!

But I really am cold and this thin hospital sheet isn't doing much. I wrapped my arms around myself as the sudden cool air hit me and Damon walked back in.