Twenty-Seven | First Kiss

It's so crazy to me. I remember this chapter because I was in 10th grade and this was the day we did the pre-SAT's in school I believe. A time WAY before COVID.... wow.

Chapter 27 : First Kiss

I stood in front of the door, hands sweaty and heart pounding. I never felt so nervous to see Scarlet a day in my life, but today is different. I mean, after everything that's happened with you know who it's been hard facing her.

There's no backing out now. I promised her I'd come over after school and I kept my word.

Lifting my hand up, I began knocking on the door. After a few seconds, the door opened revealing scarlet. As soon as she noticed it was me a smiled stretched out on her lips. This made me feel even more guilty. The nerves in my stomach started kicking in as I felt her wrap her arms around me.

"I'm so glad you're here. It's been boring all day without you," She giggled and pulled away. Scarlet grabbed my hand, pulling me inside and shutting the door before we entered the living room.

My heart then stopped as I noticed we weren't alone. I know those vans and scent anywhere.

Damon's here.

The universe must really hate me.

"Just a warning, Damon is here and I know how you two never really get along. But just try for now, ok?" She pleaded and I found my self nodding my head.

I just couldn't stop thinking about what's going to happen. What if Scarlet finds out? She's going to hate me. I would hate me too, so I wouldn't blame her. But the thought of losing my best friend, my only friend who stuck by me through my hard times breaks my heart.

"Okay, I think I may have done something wrong-" He stopped mid-sentence as he saw me. The color of his face drained and I gulped.

I shouldn't be finding him hot at a time like this, but here I am. Gosh, I hate myself.

"How'd you burn popcorn?" Scarlet asked and giggled at him. Damon stops in the doorway of the kitchen, holding a burnt bag of popcorn.

Usually, I'd laugh and make fun of him.

"Uh, um, I think your microwave is broken," He said, shaking his head and breaking our eye contact.

"Oh, baby. Don't blame your bad cooking on my precious microwave," Scarlet laughed and sniffed.

"Bad cooking?" Damon held his hand towards his heart pretending to be hurt.

"Mhm," Scarlet mumbled and walked up to him. She took the burned popcorn bag away from him and stood on her tiptoes. I watched as she gave him a kiss on the lips and smiled.

"Be nice," She said and walked into the kitchen.

After a few seconds, Damon cleared his throat and looked around while scratching the back of his neck. I stood there eyeing the ground as if it were the most interesting thing in the room.

Awkward.

I heard his footsteps walk across the floor before I felt his fingers tangle with mine.

I think my heart may have asthma.

"Hey," He mumbled, staring down at me.

I lifted my head up and felt my heart pace a bit as I stared into his eyes. His face is very close to mine and if anyone were behind him, they'd think we're kissing.