Thirty-Eight | I Love You

Chapter 38 : I Love You

"Baby?" A voice says softly into my right ear. Their fingers brush against my face lightly causing me to stir. The person moves my hair before lightly shaking me awake.

"Babygirl," My lips form into a slight smile. My eyes flutter open and I turn over on my back, my eyes meeting with Damon's.

He smiles down at me, moving some of my hair from my face, "Good Morning beautiful," He says softly.

"Morning," I reply, my voice raspy.

"We have school today," I whine and cover my face with my blankets. Damon laughs at me before removing the blankets.

"One more day, please?" I pout at him.

"You said that yesterday. It's been a week and a half, you have to come back, baby. Mainly because I miss you there," He shrugs. I huff out a breath and groan.

"Come on," He grabs my arms, pulling me up.

"Get dressed all nice and pretty for me to get distracted," He smirks and I roll my eyes playfully.

I get up from my bed, stretching out my limbs before turning to walk into my closet. But before I could get away, Damon pulls me onto his lap.

"Kiss me," He mumbles.

"Ew, no I have morning breath."

"I don't care," He shrugs, connecting his lips with mine in a slow deep kiss. He holds me tight as I slip my fingers through his hair, kissing back with the same energy. I then heard my bedroom door open and pull away from Damon to see my brother.

My eyes widen and I get up quickly, blocking him. "Don't kill him!" I say as Harley makes his way over.

He just stood in front of me and smiled. Smiled?! Somethings not right.

"You know I love you right?"

"I guess...? I'm scared," I stared up at him with the most confused eyes ever.

"Okay good." He tilts over, looking at and equally confused Damon with the same smile, but this time it slowly faded away. "So how was my sister's mouth?" I slapped my forehead and sat back down next to Damon.

Don't answer. Don't answer. It's a trap!

"You mind as well start running while you can," I tell Damon, sighing as I get up and walk towards my closet. As I'm looking through it, I heard four heavy footsteps run out of my room and I roll my eyes.

I take a quick shower before getting dressed into something simply because I really wasn't planning on going back to school ever, but my future calls so.

And plus I have a lot of catching up to do.

I grin from ear to ear and shake my head at the sight of my brother and boy- Damon outside, playing a little game of basketball while Harmony sits on the porch, listening to music.

Before I leave the house, I hear some crashing coming from the kitchen which made me jump. Jogging there, I suck in a breath. My mom was crouched down by the counter, shards of glass on the floor.