Twenty-Eight | Unprepared

Chapter 28 : Unprepared

Every day seemed the same to me. Boring and depressing. But today felt different. The sky was gloomy and heavy drops of rain fell as the wind howled harshly outside, hitting trees and knocking on windows. Dread.

I dreaded the rest of the day. I admit It was the perfect day to stay indoors and layup in front of the tv and binge watch unrealistic life through a screen.

School was canceled because of the so-called "storm".

But hey I wasn't complaining.

The house was normally quiet, but today it wasn't which I found weird. Mom and harmony were in the kitchen making dinner, Harley sat in his room upstairs most likely playing the game.

And here I was, lying comfortably on the couch watching the kissing booth for the thousandth time.

I was trying to focus on my favorite part where Noah kisses Ell during her rambling at the booth, but for some reason, I couldn't. But I knew exactly why.

It's all I've been thinking about since it happened.

Speak of the devil.

The front door opens and quickly shuts and I knew exactly who it was. I felt his presents from afar and slightly shivered. Because of him and because of the gust of wind that invited itself inside.

"Damon? Honey, what are you doing coming here with the weather like this?" Mom rushed towards him quickly, wrapping a towel around his shoulders.

"My mom is stuck at work and It was boring at my house," He chuckled and wrapped the towel more around his frame.

I couldn't help but admire the water droplets that fell from his hair and perfectly sculpted face. His hair was damped, sticking to his forehead from the rain and his clothes were soaked, but he still looked good.

I hated myself for thinking like this.

"Alright, well you get warmed up and steal some of Harley's clothes," Mom ran her fingers through his hair in a motherly manner and smiled before heading back into the kitchen.

His eyes met with mine. He stared for so long I ended up having to break the eye contact.

I huffed and bought the heavy blanket up to my neck and tried focusing more on the tv.

I thought Damon would have run upstairs where Harley was but no. Instead, he chose to sit next to me and I cringed. Not because of him, but because of the couch that is now wet from his soaked clothes.

I continued to ignore his gaze and cover half of my face with the blanket, blocking Damon from my sight. But that didn't help.

I still felt his stare.

Great. Now I'm uncomfortable in my own home.

I frowned.

As much as I felt extremely nervous about Damon being next to me, that wasn't what felt so off about today.

It was something else. Something felt extremely off about today and it's killing me to know what.

It feels like an extremely tense moment in a movie where something unexpected or crazy is about to happen and the music becomes louder by the second.

Gosh, the suspense is killing me!

I wish that something would just happen all ready!

I'm dying over here!

"You know, if our story was a bit different we'd be just like Noah and Ell," Damon whispered into my ear making me jump in surprise.

I took a deep shaky breath.