Thirty-Nine | Graduation

Chapter 39 : Graduation

𝗙𝗼𝘂𝗿 𝗠𝗼𝗻𝘁𝗵𝘀 𝗟𝗮𝘁𝗲𝗿

"You know, this isn't so bad," Damon mumbles, his lips brushing against my ear. I smile, wrapping my arm further around his torso as we continued staring up at the stars shining in the night. He pulled me closer, wrapping his arm around my shoulder while his other arm laid behind his head.

"Better then some after graduation high school party?" I glance up at him, his eyes glowing from the bright stars in the sky. Damon thought for a second before meeting my eyes, a smile on his lips.

"Way better. I thought we'd never graduate," He chuckles, looking back up at the starry sky. I nod my head in agreement, a satisfied sigh leaving my lips. I close my eyes and enjoy the way the breeze felt brushing across my skin.

Today was the day. I did it, I finally graduated from that hell that caused me so many doubts. It felt like forever but as soon as prom came around, time flew like the flash and the next thing I knew I was wearing a cap and gown, collecting my diploma from the principal on stage. And just like that, I was free.

Everything feels so right. My email letter from a college I applied to arrives on my computer any day now and I'd be lying if I said I wasn't scared.

What if I don't get in?

It's a well-known college in Pennsylvania where I've always wanted to visit the city of Philadelphia. If I get accepted, it'll be another dream come true.

My first dream was given the chance to call this goofball beside my boyfriend. After four months it still sounds weird in my mouth. Damon is so amused teasing me about it. I blush every time I tell someone my relation to him. I hate him. No, I don't.

Harley and Damon got accepted into a college for basketball in New York which starts after this summer and I'm happy that we get to spend the summer together.

Harmony starts sophomore year at the same time they start college. Me as well too, only if I get accepted. It's really been eating me up. I can't wait any longer! I just don't want to be disappointed.

As for my dad, he finally left. We talk to him once in a while, hoping to regain our trust again but I guess you could say we are all on okay terms for now. My mom finally decided to take Officer Vincent up on his offer and went on a date. That turned into a second date and more dates every Friday night.

He spoils the heck out her and I find it adorable.

She's finally happy and moved on with someone who treats her like fine china. I've never seen her as happy as she is nowadays.

"What's going on in that beautiful head?" I chuckle and try hiding the smile on my lips. I sit up and lean on my elbow, staring down at the boy I love.

"Everything," I smile softly.

"What's everything?" He stares back at me, a little grin on his overly attractive face.

"You," I grin and he laughs out loud, his head tilting back and I stare down at him dumbfounded.

"Oh, baby, no!" He says in between laughs and I frown, trying to look pissed at him but I knew it wasn't going to work out.