Twenty-One | Love Is A Strong Word

This chapter kind of explains some of the scarlet's feelings towards Damon and some of Damon's thoughts on their relationship.

Chapter 21 : Love Is a Strong Word

Damon's Pov

"Bro, why do you keep zoning out?" a voice said and I snapped out of my thoughts. I turn around to the guys, thinking someone had been talking to me but I was wrong. Thank god no one saw me zoned out because I knew scarlet would argue me down until I told her what was on my mind.

"Out of all people, you ask me? Every guy in here is zoned out." Brent; one of Harley and I's friends who are also on the basketball team, said glancing at Harley before looking at the other guys who are also on the team.

"What is up with you freaks?" Asked Harley, staring at the team curiously. Brent looked at Harley and smirked, "Your sister looks hot," He nodded his head in a direction across the room. I snap my eyes to look at him and glared.

"Dude! Not cool. I will break your legs in half and stick them up your ass," Harley punched him in the arm making Brent wince. He shook his arm while staring at Harley in shock.

"Damn are you sure you don't want to join the wrestling team?"

"And goes for all you dumbasses!" He glared at the team and cracked his knuckles. "First my mom and now my sister? I will literally flip your body parts around," The guys immediately snapped their gazes from her direction and started distracting themselves by talking about basketball.

"What's wrong with a few guys drooling over Hermione? I and harmony spent a lot of time making her even more beautiful than she already is. Of course, guys are gonna drool over her," Scarlet said as she wrapped her arms around my neck and kissed my cheek.

The thought of other guys looking at her just makes me feel— all weird inside. Mad maybe? But I can't be upset. I mean, Hermione wouldn't even know when a guy is interested in her because she doesn't pay attention. It makes me feel slightly happy that she doesn't acknowledge the guys who'd eye her like she was a piece of candy, but I could tell it made her feel weird when I'd notice it.

"There's no way I'd let any of these assholes date my sister," He scoffed.

"Well, it might be too late for that," said scarlet as she stared across the room. She had a smile of approval on her face.

Turning in the same direction, I clenched my jaw and tighten my fist. Hermione stood across the room, dancing with... what's his face? But as I stared at them, I couldn't help but admire Hermione. It's like there was a spotlight on her and some type of magical wind blew threw her hair in slow, and she was the only person in the room.

I continued to glare into 'what's his face' soul. But my face soon softened once Hermione noticed me staring. Her eyes met mine and the anger I felt towards 'what's his face' vanished. She looked like she was talking to someone in her head. Hermione then snapped her gaze away from me.

"That guy just doesn't get it, does he?" Harley cracked his knuckles and stood up. As he was about to make his way across the room, scarlet gripped his tie and pulled him back down, glaring at him.

"Oh no. You will not ruin my best friends chances of being happy. He likes her and I can tell she likes him."

Likes him? Likes her?