Seven | Forgiveness

Chapter 7 : Forgiveness

I sit on the wooden bench, watching him as the last seconds on the scoreboard ticks Down to 0:00. only 10 more seconds left and we'll make it.

"7! 6!" The crowd cheers loudly as Damon, our schools' basketball team captain, dribbles the ball to the other end of the court dodging the other team players.

3.. 2.. 1!

"And he scores! Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls! Winners of the state basketball championship... The Lincoln high panthers!" The man yelled through his Econ as we all stand up, cheering loudly for our winning team.

I jump down the bleachers making my way towards Damon, who has his arms wide open ready for me to jump onto him. I jump into his sweaty arms, wrapping my legs around his waist and hugging him tightly.

"You did it, baby!" I yell over the loud noise, holding his face.

"No.. we did it," He winked at me. My smile grows bigger.

Damon looks into my eyes, leaning in slowly as my heart starts to race. I do the same and feel his I—

*DING*

Who dares to disturb my peaceful dream?!

Opening my eyes, I rub the sleepiness and let out a small groan. I sit up hearing my phone go off, which is still surprising to me.

I lean against my headboard and pick up my phone off of my nightstand, Squinting my eyes from the brightness as I read the text message.

Brett:
I'll pick you up in 20. Just send me your address.

"Shit! Shit!" I quickly get up, sprinting to my closet.

I seriously forgot I agreed to hang out with Brett today. Looking through my closet, and replying to his message.

After throwing my phone on my bed, I continue to search through my closet. I end up wearing navy blue tights and a navy blue hoodie that says 'I'm a nerd, deal with it.'

I straighten my hair and wrap it into a high ponytail then slip on my white Adidas.

It was stupid to straighten my hair since I just put in into a ponytail.

After getting ready, I let out a sigh before checking the time. It is currently 5:39 pm.

So I have enough time to go talk to Harley like I promised mom.

It's not going to be easy but I'll try.

Wrapping my fanny pack around my waist, slipping my phone and some money into it, I walk two doors down on the right side of the hallway and knock on Harley's door.

"Not now mom!" He yelled. I open his bedroom door and walk in. I see him laid out across his bed, throwing his basketball up into the air as it lands back into his hands.

"Mom I said I'm not— Oh, it's just you," He turned his head away and rolled his eyes, continuing to throw the ball into the air.

"Nice to see you too," I mumbled while rolling my eyes at him. He just scoffs.

I sigh. "Harley, please can we talk?" He ignores me.

"You can't ignore me forever you know!" I throw my arms into the air and back down to my sides flatly.

"Watch me."

That's it, I've had enough of his bullshit.

I stomp over toward him and snatch the basketball from his hands, throwing it on the floor. It bounces near his green bean bag chair.