Isaiah

We change our flight path and head to Baltimore, Maryland. Bucky won't tell us anything about who he is taking us to meet, but from the look on his face I can tell it has something to do with his past. As we walk along the street of a residential neighborhood, we pass a few kids, the smaller of the two calls out, excitedly, to Sam, "hey, it's Black Falcon. What's up?"

"It's just Falcon, kid," Sam corrects.

"No, no. My daddy told me it's Black Falcon."

Sam stops in front of the kids, "is it because I'm black and I'm the Falcon?"

"Well, technically. I mean, yes."

"So are you like Black Kid?" The kid sighs, unamused by Sam's joke. Sam chuckles and looks to the kid's friend, "I got him, right?"

"Whatever, man," the kid complains as Sam walks to Bucky and I.

I shake my head, chuckling a bit, "you know you could just be nice."

"Maybe, but it's fun to mess with kids."

The three of us walk up the stairs to a home before Bucky knocks on the metal screen door and a young man opens it. Bucky shifts a bit and softens his voice, "we're here to see Isaiah."

"Nobody named Isaiah live here," the young man shakes his head.

Bucky let's out a large exhale, "look, we just want to talk to him."

"You must not hear what I just said. You ain't getting in this house. Y'all can leave now."

"Tell him the guy from the bar in Goyang is here. He's gonna know what that means."

"Alright, wait here," the young man closes the door.

"Nice kid," Sam clears his throat, "how do you know this guy?"

"I used to. We had a skirmish during the Korean War."

"Question, what makes you think the kids gonna come back to the door?" I shake my head.

"Why do you think he wouldn't?" Sam crosses his arms.

"I wouldn't, I close the door and if we didn't leave in about ten minutes I'd call the police."

"He'll come back," Bucky reassured us.

It doesn't take long for the young man to come back, opening both the front door and the screen door, "today's your lucky day. He said he wanna see for himself."

The three of us walk into the living room of the home. It is about what you would expect for the area we are in, it's not a bad area, but it's not upstate either. Bucky walks in front of me with Sam behind me as we walk up to the large man in the room. "Isaiah?" Bucky looks over the man.

"Look at you," Isaiah lifts his head, standing tall.

"This is, uh, Sam. Sam, this is Isaiah. And this is Phoebe."

"I know who she is," I'm sure I'm giving Isaiah a rather confused look. "Phoebe Rose, the Electric Nova. The first woman to become a super soldier and a willing participant too." Isaiah chuckles, "to tell you the truth, I almost feel sorry for you."

"Uh," Bucky tries to continue, "he was a hero. One of the ones that Hydra feared the most. Like Steve. We met in '51."

"If by met, you mean I whupped your ass, then yeah. We heard whispers he was on the peninsula, but everyone they sent after him, never came back. So the U.S. military dropped me behind the line to go deal with him. I took half that metal arm in that fight in Goyang, but I see he's managed to grow it back." Isaiah shakes his head, "I just wanted to see if he got the arm back. Or if he'd come to kill me."

"I'm not a killer anymore," Bucky whispers shaking his head, almost as if he spoke any louder his voice would crack. I reach forward and place a hand on the bend of his arm.

"You think you can wake up one day and decide who you wanna be? You think you can change who he is? It doesn't work like that. Well, maybe it does for folks like you," Isaiah points to Bucky, "but I know it don't for folks like her," he points to me.

"Isaiah, the reason we're here... is because there's more of you, me and Phoebe out there."

"You and me," Isaiah focuses on this part of the statement. But even though I did undergo the same procedure Steve had undergone, I'm closer to Wanda if we're really gonna compare, since I got my powers from the tesseract.

"We need to know how."

"I'm not gonna talk about it anymore," Isaiah begins to get upset. Grabbing a tin box on the table, throwing it into the wall. As we hear a loud crash, which is the tin embedding itself in the wall, Bucky pulls me behind him. I can hear footsteps and when Bucky finally lets go of me, Isaiah is standing right in front of him. I feel Sam gently pull me over beside him and out from behind Bucky, incase Isaiah decides to finish their fight from Goyang. "You know what they did to me for being a hero? They put my ass in jail for 30 years. People running tests, taking my blood, coming into my cell. Even your people weren't done with me."

"Isaiah," I call out softly.

"Get out of my house!" Isaiah shouts, causing Sam and I to jump a bit.

"Let's go man, let's go," the young man begins to show us out.