New

One evening while we are relaxing, finishing up fixing the wings, Sam gets a call about an attack on the GRC building in New York. Sam and I suit up, Sam taking a bit longer, leaving me to wait for him in the living room, "Sam let's go!"

Sam comes down the stairs and looks at me, at bit unsure of himself. He is in his new suit, which was in the case Bucky had given him. "How do I look?"

I smile and walk up to Sam, adjusting his glasses a bit, "like Captain America."

Sam and I fly out way to New York, moving as fast as our wings will let us. When we get there the building is locked down, "is Bucky on his way?"

"He should be here. He was heading back up to New York when I left him."

"Guys," I hear Bucky over our ear piece, "I'm here."

"Alright, we're almost there."

"What's the plan?"

"Karli's gotta be close," Sam comments, "keep your eyes open."

"Well, it could be anybody."

"And by the way, I called in some backup," Sam smiles over to me.

I shake my head, "not that I'm mad, but you called Sharon? How did she even get into the states without being caught?"

"I don't know, but are you really gonna question help right now."

"No..."

"I didn't think so."

"Relax," I hear Sharon over the ear piece, "no ones looking for me here."

"Do I hear Sharon?"

Bucky sighs, "unfortunately, yes."

"Hey, Sam, Phoebe," Sharon chuckles, "thought we'd get the band back together."

"Sharon, you're risking a lot coming here," I sigh.

"I hear pardons aren't all they're cracked up to be anyway."

Bucky scoffs, "depends on the therapist."

"They're gonna move on the building soon. Be ready," Sam orders.

Sam and I get close to the building and start to fly around looking for a safe place to enter. When we see a man in a black mask in front of a group of people, Sam throws his shield through the window, hitting the man, before we smash the rest of the way through the window. Sam checks and man, while I look around the exits, "guys, what's going on on your end?"

"Nothing," I hear Bucky sigh, "all quiet."

As Sam and I walk up to a group of men, one of them stops him, "I'm sorry, wait. Who are you?"

I scoff, "he's Captain America."

"I thought Captain America was on the moon."

"He retired, meet his replacement."

"No ones moving toward the building," Sharon informs us.

I look over to Sam, worried, "Karli's not coming in."

Sam nods, "she's trying to force everybody out." Sam looks over to a man who is working on evacuating people, "it's a misdirect. We gotta keep everybody inside." I move to stop a group from going down the stairs and as I take a few steps away from him, I hear Sam grunt, getting kicked.

I run back and see him fighting a man in a red lit conference room, "Sam?"

"I'll be alright, P. Just get to the helipad and stop it from taking off."

"Got it!" I shout and run to a stair well, shouting at everyone in the room, "everyone stay where you are. Stay inside the building at all costs." When I get into the stairwell, I am hoping I can fly up them, but when I see the size of the stairwell I realize I will be running up the stairs.