Cops

As we leave Isaiah's home Sam is visibly upset and it's understandable why. He marchs off of the porch, "Sam..." Bucky tries to catch up, while I jog behind them, ready to break up a fight. If these two are gonna go at each other, now would be the time.

"Why didn't you tell me about Isaiah? How could nobody bring him up?" We catch up to Sam, but now Bucky is quiet, "I asked you a question, Bucky."

"I know."

"Steve didn't know about him?"

"He didn't. I didn't tell him."

"Phoebe," Sam turns to me, "did you know about him?"

I shake my head, "of course not."

"No, she didn't," Bucky defends me.

"So you're telling me, that there was a black Super Soldier," Sam points back to Isaiah's house, "decades ago and nobody knew about it?" Before Bucky or I can say or even think of anything that would help Sam, we hear police sirens. "What the hell?"

"Relax," I put a hand up, "there's a super soldier and a superhero yelling at each other in the middle of the street. People are probably just worried about property damage."

"Hey," an officer shouts as they get out of the car.

"What's up, man?" Sam shrugs.

"Is there a problem here?"

"No, we're just talking."

"We're fine," Bucky nods.

The officers walk over to us, one focusing on Sam, "can I see your ID?"

"I don't have ID," Sam turns to the officer who is walking behind him, "why?"

"Man, seriously?" I shake my head.

"Okay, sir," the officer puts a hand out to Sam, "just calm down."

"Are you kidding me?" I scoff.

"I am calm," Sam looks between the two officers, "what do you want? We're just standing here talking."

"Just give him your ID so we can leave," Bucky gestures to the cop.

I shake my head, putting a hand up to Bucky, still facing Sam, "Sam don't give him shit."

"Didn't plan on it," Sam shakes his head.

"Is he bothering you?" The officers looks between Bucky and I.

"No," I shake my head, "he's not bothering us. Do you know who this is? Who any of us are? Or do I need to shock your ass into next week?"

The other officer moves closer to his partner and whispers, very poorly, "hey, these guys are Avengers."

The main officer looks over Sam for a second before he realizes who he is, "oh, God. I am so sorry, Mr. Wilson." He chuckles, "I didn't recognise you without the goggles."

I chuckle, "but you recognise me without the sparks," I gesture to Bucky, "and him without the arm."

"I'm really, really sorry about this. The..." as the officer begins to apologize, another patrol car pulls up. "Guys," the officer sighs, "just wait here, okay? Just..." The officers walk away.

I cross my arms, "if they ask for a picture I'm lighting 'em up."

"I didn't tell anybody because he had already been through enough," Bucky tries to explain why Isaiah was kept a secret.

"Bucky, people need to know about him. It'll piss a lot of people off, but..."

"Mr. Barnes," the officers come back up to us, "there's a warrant out for your arrest."

"No, that's crazy. The president pardoned him of everything."

"Not for that. You missed your court-mandated therapy. It's like missing a check-in with your PO. I'm sorry, Mr. Barnes, you're under arrest."

Bucky walks with the officers, "Bucky?" I call out to him, taking a small step forward.

"I'll be alright, Phebs. I've been through hell, jail can't be that bad."