Waiting

The young girl that Zemo befriended leads us into a storage room with two large containers. We stop here to talk before Phoebe goes in. I don't want to let her go in alone, but I know it's safer than letting Sam go alone or whatever plan John has. Plus I can't really talk her out of it and after John called her my trophy wife I'm not sure I wanna try. The young girl opens the door and points inside, Zemo nods stopping next to one of the container doors, "Karli is in there."

"Alright," Phoebe nods as she starts toward the door. When she does John grabs Zemo, handcuffing him to the door.

"Hey," John calls out to Phoebe causing her to turn, "you got ten minutes."

"Really?" Zemo looks back to John.

"Then we're doing this my way."

Phoebe chuckles, "yeah, because you can't stand the thought that someone else might have a better idea."

"Aggressive, but I get it." Zemo shakes his head, "go ahead, Phoebe, we'll be fine."

"Thanks, I was real worried," Phoebe turns and heads inside. While her tone is sarcastic, I know that she is a little worried, even about Zemo. It's just in her nature, she can't help but care and worry about everyone. I think that's why she's so against John being Captain America and Lamar being his partner, she is worried they're in over their heads and gonna get themselves killed.

Although John said she has ten minutes, after about five he becomes very antsy, pacing back and forth, I'm sure trying to figure out a way past me since I had parked myself in front of the door, I'm not losing Phoebe because this asshole decided to run in with no warning. "Uh-uh. No, no, no. This is a bad idea."

"It hasn't been ten minutes, John. Just sit tight," I look up to him, while he's still pacing.

Sam nods, "just give her some time. You go in there now, she could die."

"Don't do that," John looks to Sam and I, "don't patronize me."

I try to hide a chuckle, knowing that Phoebe would make a comment that he does great under pressure. I take a deep breath, being able to silence myself, "she knows what she's doing."

John stops and turns toward me, marching over to me, "I'm goin' in." I stop him putting a hand on his chest, he takes a step back with his head down. Once he's firmly planted he looks up to me, "this is all really easy for you, isn't it? All that serum runnin' through your veins. Barnes, your girl needs backup in there." John turns to Sam, "your partner." He turns back to me, "do you really want her blood on your hands?"

"I trust her, Phoebe can handle herself and if she cant she'll find away to get our attention. You need to back off, before her blood is on your hands."